Protein shake...I HATE the blender!

Options
13»

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have a Chris Freytag personal blender - got it for a Christmas present about 5 years ago and love love love it! It makes the best shakes with ice and/or frozen fruit. My friend had a bullet when I was visiting her in AZ and my personal blender worked so much better. Youl blend in the same cup you drink out of of and it even has a lid that is spill proof. Mine was bought off of QVC but if you do a google search you can find them several different places.

This thing is great, but mine went up eventually. Now, I can't find it anywhere. It's not selling on QVC like it was.

Oh No - don't tell me that I won't be able to find a new one if mine goes. I will have to do a google search on this now and see if I can find one. I actually dropped my cup a few years ago and found where I was able to purchase just the blender cup and it came with two - which was great because I always had a spare to use.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i use a mason jar and a blender. it turns your blender into a magic bullet. plus you can drink out of the mason jar so its only one thing to clean up. take the mason jar and screw into the blender bottom. make sure to buy a mason jar that will fit. they do come in different sizes so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. plus they are only like a 1.50. :)

I just checked this. BRILLIANT. THANK YOU!! :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have one of these:

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/blenders-single-serve-blenders.html

Best thing I ever got, less than $20, a snap to clean, makes one shake.

I have one of those. Works great for shakes and easy to clean. I like things like the Magic Bullet but I HATE the blade having to be screwed onto the top of the cup because I add things one at a time and constantly taking off the blade makes a mess... The only thing I don't like about this single serve cup is that there's only one cup...If there were two cups this would be the absolute best blender ever for cheap. It's definitely not made to last five years but it's good for now (for me at least, I plan on saving up to a really good blender some day)

Also, if you're just doing a shake (even with fruit) it's super easy to just quickly rinse the cup really good right after you're done with it. Or use a bottle brush and a touch of soap. If I'm in a rush that's what I do so I can use it the next day since I don't always have time to wash dishes everyday.