I just don't know what to do about this...

Options

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Just once I'd like to see Pretty Woman instead of all the "reality" shows hubby watches...American Pickers, the fishing show in Alaska, gold rush show in Alaska, flipping cars, car auctions, storage wars, towing wars, ad nauseum....
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Um. Was this the Director's Cut or The TV version?

I'm sorry, had to ask.

I'm a woman and I didn't know they had a director's cut for this lol
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I came home after working both jobs like I normally do on a Wednesday night. My hubby met me outside as he always does, and helped me carry in the purchases I'd made. We get inside and I hear the television on downstairs, and he says something along the lines of "crap, it must have unpaused". I assume he's been watching one of the many new movies we got over the holidays, or one of the hundreds of shows on our DVR that we never seem to find time to watch. We chat for a bit about how the rugrats behaved that night, and put away the groceries. He goes downstairs ahead of me, and immediately goes back to watch the tv. I get downstairs, and glance in to see what he's watching. He says something, but the horror of what I was seeing on the screen prevented the comment from registering in my head. He's a guy, I know he's a guy. Guys will do what guys will do. I know he does this, but after almost 14 years together I assumed that this would someday stop. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing!!!!

I turned to go to the other room while shaking my head, and let him continue watching Pretty Woman... and told him I was confiscating his man card.

I'm sorry you had to witness that from your husband.....sometimes we never know people as well as we think. Maybe you should get him some help ;)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! Mine likes Broadway musicals. But since he still watches Showtime after 10pm and all the HBO sex "documentaries," I let him keep his man card.

AND, he mocks me for watching Pretty Woman every time it comes on, but he sits there and watches, too. I chalk it up to his love for Julia Roberts...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ugh... mine likes "A Walk to Remember"

I punched him in the vagina.

:laugh: :laugh:

My ex-boyfriend admits to liking The Time Traveler's Wife.

I was like "WHA?"
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    SO whats wrong with him watching Pretty Woman?...it's a good movie....
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. Pretty woman?

When you take away his man card tell him to put on something pretty and make you a sammich
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ewwww. Pretty woman?

When you take away his man card tell him to put on something pretty and make you a sammich

I would have, but he really is lacking on his sammich making skills.... he uses Miracle Whip instead of mayo :noway:

That's a travesty among sammiches!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Meh, I've *kitten* to worse...

This
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    hahaha my brother in law got into the Twilight series

Could be worse ;)
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bwwwaaaahaaahaaahaa!!! That's funny!! Made my day! :)
  • I see nothing wrong with that? I don't know, traditional "masculinity" or whatever is just so stupid to me. Why can't people like what they like without worrying about whether people will think them less of a "man" or not? I don't get it at all.

(Besides, I think it's better than some dudes who won't even go near a movie because they think that it's "girly" or whatever. I had a guy tell me yesterday that he wouldn't see Les Mis because he wasn't into girly movies like that. I was like "Ummm. How is Les Mis girly? THERE ARE GUNS AND EXPLOSIONS AND EVERYBODY DIES AND NOBODY IS HAPPY. But apparently, musicals are "girly". It's pathetic for people to be so closed-minded that they won't even experience something that they deem not masculine enough for them.)
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options

Its a MANGINA... get it right!
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with that? I don't know, traditional "masculinity" or whatever is just so stupid to me. Why can't people like what they like without worrying about whether people will think them less of a "man" or not? I don't get it at all.

(Besides, I think it's better than some dudes who won't even go near a movie because they think that it's "girly" or whatever. I had a guy tell me yesterday that he wouldn't see Les Mis because he wasn't into girly movies like that. I was like "Ummm. How is Les Mis girly? THERE ARE GUNS AND EXPLOSIONS AND EVERYBODY DIES AND NOBODY IS HAPPY. But apparently, musicals are "girly". It's pathetic for people to be so closed-minded that they won't even experience something that they deem not masculine enough for them.)

LIGHTEN UP!!!!!! This is supposed to be a FUN topic!!!!

To OP that's hilarious!!!!
  • I see nothing wrong with that? I don't know, traditional "masculinity" or whatever is just so stupid to me. Why can't people like what they like without worrying about whether people will think them less of a "man" or not? I don't get it at all.

and the funny has suddenly died a horrific death....

But it was never funny to begin with. :)