WHEN do you exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Uptopargolf
    Options
    A lot of people say they sleep much better when they exercise at night, yet for years I was always told that exercise gives you energy and keeps you awake. I've never had that problem though, I could definitely sleep after exercise!

For the first hour after extreme exercise the body is fatigued. So if working out at night, and you try to fall asleep right away its very possible. After about an hour or so the body actually starts to recover and you will feel wide awake. So if you wait to try to go to sleep it will be more difficult.

I like to eat breakfast, work out, protein shake, shower, get a coffee. Than my day starts.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say they sleep much better when they exercise at night, yet for years I was always told that exercise gives you energy and keeps you awake. I've never had that problem though, I could definitely sleep after exercise!

For the first hour after extreme exercise the body is fatigued. So if working out at night, and you try to fall asleep right away its very possible. After about an hour or so the body actually starts to recover and you will feel wide awake. So if you wait to try to go to sleep it will be more difficult.

I like to eat breakfast, work out, protein shake, shower, get a coffee. Than my day starts.

It depends on the person. I can fall asleep pretty easily more than an hour or two after my workout.