number two issues

2»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    As someone who goes once or twice every day, i think going week is not normal or healthy. The only time I went that long was right after I gave birth, and it was a nightmare to have a BM. I screamed that I'd rather be in labor again. I would only wish it on prisoners as an alternative to the electric chair!
    I take a homeopathic supplement that encourages digestive health, as well as taking an acidophilus regularly which helps boost the good bacteria in one's belly. I am grateful for my poops, because it means I weigh a little less after going!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Make sure you have healthy oils in your diet as well- my doctor recommended taking olive oil or something similar daily. Also, try taking probiotics if you aren't already- increasing the healthy bacteria in the colon can help a lot.

Fiber
    Water (lots)
    Oil
    Probiotics

A daily dose of prunes or figs might help.
    Aloe and Dandelion root are also helpful.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Exercise like jogging and aerobics keep me regular. If I stop, it stops... If you're worried, I'd always recommend going to see a Naturopathic doctor for natural remedies.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Super dieter's tea and prunes do the trick for me. I went from twice a week to nearly every day. I have to admit I have alot less gas and bloating since I became "regular". If it's uncomfortable it's not normal. Ask your doctor if it's painful.
  • No way is once a week normal or healthy. You need to get help with this situation. Activia, or laxatives(from prunes to OTC products) or a visit to the doctor. I believe this condition is dangerous to your overall health.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    The next time you have a BM, start a cleanse... i recommend "First Cleanse". Follow it through with lots of water. It should help. I still use the supplemental ones on occasion but you should have done a cleanse FIRST. Also, digestive enzymes, good fats and fibre (and water) have turned me from a 1/week to a 2-3/day.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    prune juice and prunes may help, also it was suggested to my brother (who has an IBS or crohn's disorder) that you try and eat a coconut macaroon, or something with a healthy oil in it (helps "loosen" things up so to speak). Good luck. I remember after I had my son, that it was VERY painful for the first bm after I had him - it was about 5 days, and it HURT, and was not a happy experience.
This discussion has been closed.