Planet Fitness??

Options
13»

Replies

• Km0714
    Km0714 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love my planet fitness but as others have said each one is different. However I have been to four different planet fitness' and have liked them all! My only complaint is that they don't have classes!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love it. I love the 30 minute circuit. Like someone else said, though, it kind of sucks when people aren't doing it like they are supposed to. (They have ALL of the same machines elsewhere in the gym, so if you want to use some of the machines, but not all, just go to one of the other machines!) My PF location got Hydro Massage beds recently & I freakin' love those before doing strength training!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    You either love it or you hate it. It also depends on the location and who runs it. I've been a member before but due to where I live, quit last month. The machines are good, they have enough free weights for what I do (although some places are getting rid of them). I'd say give it a go and go in and visit it, all of them will let you go for a few sessions to see if you like it or not. See how busy it is, how the staff are then decide
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on the location. The Planet Fitness I go to is always clean and I've never heard the lunk alarm go off.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet and love it. I have had other memberships that I bought but never used. I love the layout, staff, equipment, etc. I don't necessarily like the hours on Fridays and the weekends at my specific location. Planet is not a gym to bulk up, they state that. If your wanting to be a body builder than no this is not the gym for you.
    Great review... thanks!!
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Do they scan your membership card at any PF?

The one I go to you have to show them the number and they type it in.... it's so annoying. It's like... get with the times bro.
  • KelBelz22
    KelBelz22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just joined PF last week and I pay $10 a month. For the price its worth it. When I get there they type my number in but I don't have to show them my card. I just tell them my number. It's also a plus that they have personal training for free. No matter what the program is.