January 2013 Move Your A$S Challenge

Options

Replies

• jevellgraham
    Options
    76 minutes on treadmill with 15% incline (3.5 mph) !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    1/5/2013 - Walked 10.07 Miles, 2:30 Hrs - also 3rd day of week 3 of C25K!

exercise.png

So far so good!
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Doberdawn, we all know that a lot of the participants never ever move their butts or read what other people post, never mind opening the 'alleged' spreadsheet. On the other hand, I'm convinced that many people find the thread inspiring and have benefited a great deal from it.... Regarding the current setup, I don't see an urgent need to restructure, however I do like your idea of an @ss-moving group. I'd like to hear what other people think about it.

Dinos
    Just mho, but the groups i've seen are not very active. They seem to start out strong, lose members (as happens) but rarely attract new ones. I think new people are just more apt to post here.

If i had a suggestion, i might post a link to the spreadsheet in the month's opening post by Bluitz. I suspect that post is read by new joiners more than others.

In either cause, i :heart: the effort Bluitz and you make to this group. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a great suggestion. The most often asked questions seem to be how to make a ticker and where to find the spreadsheet. Denise, maybe you can add these to the opening post? Thanks again for all you do. :flowerforyou:

I think these are great ideas, i like how the thread is and enjoy going through the previous posts inbetween my miles and really appreciate that Dinos and Bluitz take the time each month to set up and run this topic and spreadsheet.
  • JanisAtki
    JanisAtki Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Another 7.98km today for a total of 21.68 km (13.47miles)

exercise.png
  • Beccalicious420
    Options
    1 mile. :)

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Butters wrote:
    Just mho, but the groups i've seen are not very active. They seem to start out strong, lose members (as happens) but rarely attract new ones. I think new people are just more apt to post here.

If i had a suggestion, i might post a link to the spreadsheet in the month's opening post by Bluitz. I suspect that post is read by new joiners more than others.

Yep, I agree. Denise could post a link to the spreadsheet when she starts the month and we'll be all set. :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Butters wrote:

Yep, I've noticed that groups lose their dynamic. Denise could post a link to the spreadsheet when she starts the month and we'll be all set. :bigsmile:

And, it might help to post instructions at the start for where and how to get a ticker and post it. That seemed to be a common question too. Just a suggestion.
    exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    6 Jan 4.7 miles
    MTD 37.78 miles

I love this thread - wouldn't miss joining,reading, and logging! Thanks Dinos and Bluiz
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Got my long run completed for the week. 5 miles.

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,411 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 150!! That's 50 miles over Decembers goal! We shall see...

exercise.png
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Another 7.98 km (4.96 miles) of walking also added today! This brings my total to 31.68 km (19.69 miles)

exercise.png
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Sat, 1/5: 5 miles: 2 hiking, 2 running, 1 walking

NSV: During my time on the treadmill tonight, for the first time more of it was running than walking!

Total month-to-date: 17.75
    Goal: 120

exercise.png

Note - Yes, last month I read many many pages of the thread and never saw the link for the spreadsheet though I looked for it. I didn't send you a note or anything, cause I figured I knew my miles so I didn't need it. I do like being able to see it, though, so having a link up front would be great. (I'm not in green, I'd better hurry up!!)

I assumed that you considered a group before and decided to keep it a thread. I think both have pros and cons - the link would never change for a group and there would be more opportunity for interaction and encouragement, but fewer new people will come across it and it's a GREAT challenge for newbies.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    In for another 1000 miles
    01-01: 41.52 miles (159 mins)
    01-01: 3.13 miles (walk 105 mins)
    02-01: 52.29 miles (213 mins)
    03-01: 40.86 miles (165 mins)
    04-01: 42.00 miles (175 mins)
    05-01: 22.06 miles (85 mins)
    06-01: 33.13 miles (136 mins)
    January total / miles to goal: 234.94 / 765.06

1038 mins
  • hey_everyday
    hey_everyday Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to join, but know what I've done so far in Jan - want to get up to 35k.

ttc.png
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    11.5 miles added (1.5 miles walked on Friday, 10 miles cycled today)

exercise.png
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    4.31 Miles today 6/1

exercise.png

I would say it looks like this stays as a topic rather than changing to a group, seeing there hasn't been much enthusiasm for a group so far.

As someone else said it is a great tool for newbies to get started, a challenge they can set or adjust as they feel they need too.

Andy
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Jan 5 - 6 miles for a total of 20. Getting better :). Thanks Dinos!
  • makemyselfpr0ud
    Options
    Saturday 4.02 miles

exercise.png
  • FunnyGirl613
    FunnyGirl613 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I did 2.7 miles this morning:
    1/1/2013 - 2.2 Miles Walking! - may this be the first of many days of walking this year!!!!
    1/6/13 - 2.7 miles walking

TOTAL 4.9 miles of 40 mile goal.
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Been busy prepping for the semester and daughter's Nutcracker performances. Made it to the gym, but just haven't posted in about three days, so catching up on that today before the last performance:

1/3/2013 - 4.64 miles on the elliptical
    1/4/2013 - didn't work out, but did manage to hit a 13 floors record on FitBit for the day for the couple weeks I've had it
    1/5/2013 - 4.66 miles on the elliptical
    1/6/2013 - 4.64 miles on the elliptical

29.4 miles down and 45.6 miles left to hit my goal