Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    This will be my grocery list.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream on anything is a also a good carb.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    That cookie looks as big as your head.....VERY good Carb.

They're actually rather small...however, they do have a family-sized one that's about as big as a large pizza. With that one you have the option of 4 different flavors of cookie and there are 7 scoops of ice cream. I believe it's called the "Diabetic Coma" on the menu; but I could be mistaken...

If by "family-sized" you mean it feeds just me and by "4 different flavors" you mean chocolate chip, then we are on to something here

You can get just chocolate chip..

Or...you can get the sampler...3 regular sized pizookies...although, that could be considered the "diet" version. And that would make it a bad carb...

I'm seriously offended that I have never heard of this BJ's place before. Around here BJ's is a costco-like bulk store.

Bean, BJs is a restaurant and brewery in SoCal. (I personally don't go there for the beer.) The Pizookie is their signature dessert (because they also tout their excellent "Chicago-style" deep dish pizza. It's pretty good, but it's still west coast pizza.) everyone should have a Pizookie before they die. It should be mandatory.

ETA: There are no BJs Cost Club stores around here that I know of. (My sister in PA has a membership, though, so I've been to one before.) We have Costco. (They do not sell Pizookies.)

They have them in NorCal as well.....I may need to go in the near future!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Bean, BJs is a restaurant and brewery in SoCal. (I personally don't go there for the beer.) The Pizookie is their signature dessert (because they also tout their excellent "Chicago-style" deep dish pizza. It's pretty good, but it's still west coast pizza.) everyone should have a Pizookie before they die. It should be mandatory.

ETA: There are no BJs Cost Club stores around here that I know of. (My sister in PA has a membership, though, so I've been to one before.) We have Costco. (They do not sell Pizookies.)

Yes...a Pizookie should be mandatory...

By the way...you get a free chocolate chip one on your birthday...just saying...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Agreed.

Since when was whipped cream a carb?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Agreed.

It's a good fat and good carb combo.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I live so far from so many of these good and bad carbs! Pizookie and Ice Cream Cake now have to join my long list of what I'd like to try if I ever go to the States.

One good carb rule that complicates the matter, and again is very American:

Chocolate + peanut butter = good carb (eg Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (recently become common in the UK) or peanut BUTTER M&Ms (they don't even sell them at the giant M&M store in Central London :cry:).
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Agreed.

Yeah this (because fat plus the sugar part is carb I thought) ^^ and good on carbs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Agreed.

What about whipped cream on frozen ice cream cake - nothing is good enough to make that a good carb surely!
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Agreed.

What about whipped cream on frozen ice cream cake - nothing is good enough to make that a good carb surely!

Oh, you are correct. That would be a bad carb.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add egg nog to that good carb list and make a mega carb load shake by including everything.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Yes...a Pizookie should be mandatory...

By the way...you get a free chocolate chip one on your birthday...just saying...

I think I know where Sara's going for her birthday dinner this year...
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I'm going to add egg nog to that good carb list and make a mega carb load shake by including everything.

EGG NOG IS DEFINITELY A GOOD CARB.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I disagree. Only when you add bourbon or rum or brandy does it become a good carb.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I disagree. Only when you add bourbon or rum or brandy does it become a good carb.

i think we are long lost siblings

*sips homemade maker's mark egg nog*
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Homemade Egg Nog is God's perfect protein shake!

GOOD CARB!
  • HeyHeyLynn
    HeyHeyLynn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Haven't we all known all our lives that crumbs or broken pieces of ANY carbs have NO calories? Sheesh.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Warm dark chocolate brownie, covered in Blue Bell Homemade vanilla ice cream. For breakfast. Good or bad?

And if I pull the caramel off of the Twix bar and eat it separately from the cookie, will that make it better?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1) Cookies do not belong in candy bars. Twix are bad carbs.

You are evil, and you must be destroyed.