Have you lost close to or over 100lbs?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some friends for support and suggestions that have lost close to or over 100lbs without Bariatric Surgery. I'm not knocking Bariatric Surgery at all it's just something I am avoiding at all cost. My sister had the full Gastric Bypass, my mother has had the lap band and a friend has had the Gastric Sleeve. Seeing the things all of them have gone through terrifies me about the three options of surgery. I do not want to have surgery by any means unless it's life or death! I'm just looking for support and suggestions from people that have done it without surgery. I appreciate you all either way :)

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    My goal was set at 100 pounds, it is now set at 106 pounds. I've lost 88, maybe more idk haven't weighed myself in a few weeks. Feel free to add me. If you look through my diary the last few weeks haven't been so good. The flu and holidays combined just didn't mix and I wasn't on here much.
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    For me, it was using the fitness profile on MFP and counting and logging daily in my MFP journal. Would probably be further ahead, but went on two 2 week vacations where I gained back close to 15lbs on each trip (mostly water weight), but still set me back a couple weeks to a month each time.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost well over 100 pounds feel free to add me :) I did it by eating clean 80% of the time...exercising 4-6 times a week with a combination of cardio and weight work and being kind to myself - best of luck!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 pounds, and i'm down 65 so far. There is no reason for that surgery , unless medically necessary. Losing the weight is all about a total lifestyle change. You are not doing a quick or short term diet to lose 100 pounds and be done, you need to make a lifestyle change and committment to yourself. A healthy well balanced diet of the appropriate calories and a healty consistant exercise program. I got professional help from a dietician and also a fitness trainer, they have guided me to where i'm at currently and are now teaching me how to make this a permanent lifestyle change. The money you would spend on a one time surgery would be better spent on a dietician and/or fitness trainer to help you change your life. You can add me if you want.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I have lost well over 100 pounds feel free to add me :) I did it by eating clean 80% of the time...exercising 4-6 times a week with a combination of cardio and weight work and being kind to myself - best of luck!

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!

Congrats on your transformation!
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i WILL hit the 100 pound mark
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!

Congrats on your transformation!

Thanks so much :)
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Yes and no. Yes, I've lost 100lbs, no I didn't keep it off - I gained back 30lbs. I'll tell you why, just in case it helps you - I was so desperate to lose the weight fast that I got into some unhealthy eating habits, including under-eating, not exercising much, and zero strength training. I'm back on MFP to get into some GOOD habits and I'm working on a little damage I've done :)

Good luck with your journey, and don't try to rush it :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it...a little over half way there :D
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have lost 112 since March WITHOUT surgery. I still have more to go but I will do it!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    So far 158lbs.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    85lbs so far and looking for about 30 more. No surgeries, nothing funky, just healthy eating and exercise.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Pretty close. I'm on here everyday still.
  • j_a_witz
    Options
    I've lost 85lbs since June 4th. Still another 15 or so to go. I did it with Medifast and cycling. Add me if you want.
  • titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Yes, I've lost 100lbs, no I didn't keep it off - I gained back 30lbs. I'll tell you why, just in case it helps you - I was so desperate to lose the weight fast that I got into some unhealthy eating habits, including under-eating, not exercising much, and zero strength training. I'm back on MFP to get into some GOOD habits and I'm working on a little damage I've done :)

Thank you for this! I had about a week where I was eating under 1,000 calories and justified it by saying "the people that have weight loss surgery are eating 800-900 calories a day". I appreciate you being so candid and sharing your experience.
  • titi4j
    Options
    So far 158lbs.
    Wow! That's incredible! Congrats!
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options

Thank you for this! I had about a week where I was eating under 1,000 calories and justified it by saying "the people that have weight loss surgery are eating 800-900 calories a day". I appreciate you being so candid and sharing your experience.

No probs :) Although I've been dieting a while, I still don't understand the science behind all of this, but I do understand that undereating with no exercise or strength training has for me ultimately led to some dreadful habits, and it certainly ain't a good look! Felt bad for ages about the whole thing, but I'm getting along pretty happily now, although I slip up far too often still :) Getting better, though!
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've lost 64 lbs so far since June - no regain, no plateau, just steady weight loss. Its not quite 100 but well on the way. Feel free to add me if I can help support you xx
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i lost 90 lbs. before mfp & since i joined i have lost another 36 lbs. without surgery. i have about 40 more lbs. i want to lose. i gained all this weight after i had a bad car accident in 98. i took steroid injections in my back for 14 yrs. i gained so much weight from them. i then became a diabetic which i am insulin resistant. so i have decided to have gastric by-pass in a couple of weeks in order to jump-start my pancreas into producing natural insulin. i hope it works! but i would love to send you a friend request & hope you accept. we all need as much support & encouragement that we can get. i do not blame you for not wanting surgery. surgery is a scary thing to me but i do not have much of a choice. what i would like to say to anyone who reads this, never never take steroid injects! that is why i am a diabetic!
  • titi4j
    Options
    85lbs so far and looking for about 30 more. No surgeries, nothing funky, just healthy eating and exercise.
    Good for you! That's great!