Have you lost close to or over 100lbs?

Options

Replies

• titi4j
    titi4j Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Yes, I've lost 100lbs, no I didn't keep it off - I gained back 30lbs. I'll tell you why, just in case it helps you - I was so desperate to lose the weight fast that I got into some unhealthy eating habits, including under-eating, not exercising much, and zero strength training. I'm back on MFP to get into some GOOD habits and I'm working on a little damage I've done :)

Good luck with your journey, and don't try to rush it :)
    Thank you for this! I had about a week where I was eating under 1,000 calories and justified it by saying "the people that have weight loss surgery are eating 800-900 calories a day". I appreciate you being so candid and sharing your experience.

No probs :) Although I've been dieting a while, I still don't understand the science behind all of this, but I do understand that undereating with no exercise or strength training has for me ultimately led to some dreadful habits, and it certainly ain't a good look! Felt bad for ages about the whole thing, but I'm getting along pretty happily now, although I slip up far too often still :) Getting better, though!
    Wishing you the best on your journey...
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Me. I've lost 109 # all on my own. :) feel free to add me
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 105 pounds. I lost it in 3 "stages". Always with diet and exercise. My most recent was a little over 60 pounds that I have maintained for 2 months now (through the holidays-yay me).

I started at 232.4 size 18/20 ??? body fat (Before picture is me with my 2 kids in the pink shirt)

I'm currently 128.4 size 2 18.8% body fat

Feel free to add me. I'm on every day and try to be very supportive to my MFP buds.

Best of luck to you. :-)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100+ pounds since a diagnosis of diabetes in January 2012
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs the old fashioned way with good diet and exercise.

It's hard to judge a person without walking in their shoes, but honestly WHY would anybody put their health at such a high risk when the same thing can be accomplished by eating sensibly, counting calories, and avoiding crap food?
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have still 150lbs left to lose so you are welcome to add me for support. I am also trying to lose the weight by following a combination of slimming world and keeping my calories at a lowest of 1200 calories a day. I know a couple of my friends are doing very low calorie diets and it works for them, it doesn't work for me as I love my food too much and I want to be able to keep this weight off
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am 56 years old, and have lost 171 pounds since August of 2011. I did this through major lifestyle changes, aimed at recovery from cancer and improving my immune system. I set out to get healthy, and the weight just poured off, as a by-product!
  • Sorova
    Sorova Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm getting close - 90 lost so far in about 13 months. I am a woman, 5'6" who started at 265. I'm 175 now and planning to lose another 20 pounds or so. It's definitely possible without surgery. I think doing it without surgery is also much safer, healthier, and more likely to teach you the eating and exercise habits you need to maintain the loss.

My strategy is very simple: real food, exercise, perspective, and patience. I eat 1800-2100 calories most days depending on how active I am. I usually burn 2300-2700 calories per day. I walk every day, between 40-60 minutes. I run when I feel like a challenge, and I lift weight a couple times a week. I focus on eating lots of fruits and veggies, eating as few processed foods as possible, and planning treats (like dark chocolate, which I love) into my routine. I don't obsess, or freak out if I gain a pound. I pay attention to how I am feeling and renew my motivation when needed.

Make sure you are going to this with a good understanding of who you are, what you want, and what is realistic for you. Success in weight loss (and in maintaining the loss, which is even harder) is as much about self-knowledge as anything else. Be honest about what you can realistically do: make a plan for the real you, not for the perfect you that you wish you could be. Make a plan you can follow even on days when you're tired and feeling unmotivated.

Good luck! Your attitude looks great.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I did it eating cleanly, no cheat days, gym 6 days a week and pre-logging food the night before so I'm not making food decisions when I'm hungry. It's completely doable without surgery. I'm happy to support anyone who's really working on it. :smile:
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 100 lbs. It can certainly be done without surgery! I would like to add you if thats ok :-)
  • Yogislim
    Options
    I used to weigh 325 pounds and started My fitness pal to lose the last 50 so far 11. It was a life style change and lots of self acceptance. I walked a lot with head phones so I could not hear the mooing etc. I started yoga and I believe yoga helped me relax, lower cortisol levels, and subsequently help me lose weight. I am not a fan of the surgeries. The mortality rate is high and it sends the message people are better off dead than fat. Very sad to me.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I really don't like when people opt for surgery or lap band. I think they think that they can just get surgery and all their problems go away. Then, afterwards, they realize "Oh, I actually have to watch what I eat". You could have did that before the surgery. Don't even get me started on the lap band. I just think it's a miserable way to live.

I will admit, I've considered the thought of surgery. Who doesn't when they are extremely overweight? Instead, I started walking. Walking, I could do. I started at 260lbs. Walking around the block left me out of breath and sweating. When I first started, all I did was walking, started the 30 day shred (with a lot of struggle), and swimming.

My goal is to lose 120lbs. I have already lost 70lbs. Create mini goals for yourself. Don't think of it as "I have 100+lbs to lose". My first goal was to lose 60lbs. That would get me in the 100's again.

Ultimately, you have to push yourself. If all you can do is walk, then walk your little heart out! Still burns calories. If you can't walk, focus on calorie intake primarily. You'll still lose weight! Then walk when you are able to.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have lost 107lbs...

At 5'1 have gone from size 22/24 --> 6/8 on my own, no surgeries here! I still go out to eat and take days off from the gym but have learned to embrace this lifestyle and LOVE exercise and physical activity in any shape or form... Feel free to add me- have a great day! :smile:
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've lost 42 & I have 70 more to go :) I am simply eating 1200 calories a day. Light exercise...walking my dog 3x per week. I drink all my water every single day. No soda. No artificial sweetners...ie crystal light. Strictly water. I don't eat sweets. Occasionally I will have 20 m&m's...they are 3.4 calories each for a total of 70 cals. I also gave up cafiene...I drink decaf coffee only. I split my meals into 3-400 cals each. Lots of fruits, veg's & chicken/fish. I don't eat after 7pm. I meditate every morning & make a conscious decision to embrace life every day.

Good luck to you!!

Michelle
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i've lost just over 100#. i want to lose 45-55 more pounds.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Anyone posting on this thread is welcome to add me as well.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have! My official start weight (before joining this site) was 305lbs. I was just weighed at the doctor's and was 203.4lbs so I have lost just over 100lbs. My goal is to get to 170lbs but right now it would just be amazing to be under 200lbs. I have not weighed less than 200lbs since 3rd or 4th grade(if you can imagine that).
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Before the holiday bloat I was down 90.....it took me 3 years and 7 MFP incarnations....lol
    33323822_9655.jpg
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Before the holiday bloat I was down 90.....it took me 3 years and 7 MFP incarnations....lol

Of course the regular identity change is not an integral part of the program.... :-)