the things my bf calls me...

Options
13»

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hmm If someone called me thick I'd slap them. It means someone is stupid or dopey here.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Thick is frankly reserved for chunky people like me who are still trying to make progress at losing weight, you look great and he (the bf) is blind.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have identified the problem for a few people in this thread. Your men need glasses.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    the only thing my hubby says to me is 'you look nice' (only when prompted). nice is such a non-descript word. but that's ok, because i don't get my self esteem from or through him.
    you, OP, however asked for you SO's opinion, and got it. i don't think you were 'thick' in any of the pics. but at least it's a more descriptive word than 'nice'!
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    My hubby calls me his "human climbing wall" because I now have bones that show through my skin where before I had so much fat padding you couldn't find a single one!

I love it :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    When I first started dating my BF he referred to me as a "broad". I'd never really heard the term before and thought he was calling me a big woman and got really offended. I didn't speak to him for a couple of days then he explained his love for 1930s films and that he'd meant it in a complimentary sense.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I would not have liked "thick" either. I would have enjoyed "Amazon" though. I wouldn't be considered tall enough, or athletic enough for that one.

I was called "massive" by my boyfriend while we were in college. He claimed that he meant I had good muscle tone. English wasn't his first language, so, maybe... LOL
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    He doesn't really say much unless I'm complaining about one part or another on my body, and he responds with, "well, Iiiiiiiiiii like it!" He also says he doesn't want me to lose too much weight. I have at least 20 lbs. more to go before he has to start worrying. I'm aiming for 30 more. He is also a fan of squishy bits. Lol
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    the only thing my hubby says to me is 'you look nice' (only when prompted). nice is such a non-descript word. but that's ok, because i don't get my self esteem from or through him.
    you, OP, however asked for you SO's opinion, and got it. i don't think you were 'thick' in any of the pics. but at least it's a more descriptive word than 'nice'!

Nice. Ugh. It's right up there with "fine". I get "you look fine" when he thinks we're going to be late and I'm getting ready to go out. "Fine" describes bone china, hair texture and the health and general well-being of people in minor vehicle collisions. "Fine" implies minimal acceptability of appearance in public. Oh, I'm not a trainwreck/hot mess, how flattering.