Asparagus help!

Options
2»

Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    nope, ive never had it before now. I did add butter. I wouldnt say it was gross but it had its own taste. Ill try to saute it next time.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Asparagus cooks really fast. I sauté it in butter or olive oil. I get the oil hot then toss in the asparagus. As soon as it turns a bright green it is done. Delicious. However, overcooked asparagus is gross.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Always use fresh !! I tried canned and holy gross n mushy!! I use olive oil and some minced garlic and a little crushed red pepper to give it some 'bite'
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Common ways over here (I am assuming you are using fresh) are to wrap in parma ham or another thinly sliced ham and griddle or roast AND/OR dunk into a softly boiled egg with a little salt sprinkled on the egg. :) You could put a small slice of cheese or sliced olives or sundried tomatoes under the ham. or griddle and use instead of crisps/chips for a creamy dip.

Will be trying some of the ideas here! Agree dreadful if overcooked :)
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I cook 2 pounds of asparagus in 1 tbs. butter, granulated garlic, granulated onion for about 14 minutes, drain the butter off, sprinkle 2 tbs. of parmesean cheese, and eat. OMG!!! AMAZING!!!!

I get a lot of my recipes off allrecipes.com
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've also blanched asparagus and served it cold with a vegetable dip. Yum.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    There is only one way to make asparagus. and steaming is not it! Fry them in a small amount of butter until al dente, and sprinkle some salt and pepper on them. The re my favorite veggie! I LOVE asparagus!!!

THIS all the way! I use Kosher salt and Mrs. Dash. nomnomnom
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus Love!!! :) Put on cookie sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper, bake about 10-12 mins.

^^^^^ this - also great done on the BBQ
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love Asparagus. Thanks for the many tips, I'm gonna try some of these myself.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Roasted Asparagus Love!!! :) Put on cookie sheet with olive oil, salt and pepper, bake about 10-12 mins.

^ Yep! Perfect...I love roasted asparagus...mmm.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hate asparagus, but yesterday I stir fried it in my szechuan and it was AMAZING. Highly recommend.