Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of C25K, feel free to add me
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    how do you input c25k on your exercise log?
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options

I search "c25k" and when it can't find it I click on "add additional exercise" (or something like that) which is near the bottom of the page. Then input your data and save it and it's saved as one of your exercises
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that info, I was wondering the same thing tonight (how to add c25k)
  • sbehe
    sbehe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Starting today with a group from work. I would like to be added though as well.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Teresa. I would also like to join... I tried to do this a couple of times last year, but never finished (excuses, excuses!!) Lol. I really want to do it this year and am looking forward to the encouragement and friends!! Feel free to add me if you like. Im in Columbus, Ohio.
  • krystal_black
    Options
    Hi everyone I just started it yesterday!!! I was actually surprised at how easy day one was for me i thought id be dying before it ended lol feel free to shoot me a request and we can all talk about our progress.
  • 23lb
    23lb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I have 23lbs to lose, I also live in the UK and have started running today. last year I could run 7k easily but haven't done anything since August so this is going to be tough. My motto: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Good luck!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i didnt get started last night. I think i will wait until my wife gives birth. with 2 kids already at home and her being 38.5 weeks, its a bit hard to do much at all.
  • audih12
    audih12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use to run a lot. And am using the c25k to help me get back in shape. I am in week 4 however I do the week workouts twice before moving on. I love it!!!!!!
  • msfaithful
    msfaithful Posts: 88 Member
    Options

If you couple your c25k app with Runtastic or any of the other apps that are integrated with MFP then it will automatically sync your run to your exercise log when you end the run. :heart:
  • kwenners
    kwenners Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm started my C25K tonight after work!! I used to run, and am looking forward to getting back into it! Please feel free to add me.
  • FitSlimHappy
    Options
    I'm just starting c25k :) feel free to add me guys! Always looking for new motivation MFP buddies :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm re-starting today..... I started a few months ago, but my treadmill busted. I just found out that a nearby town does an annual 5K in August... I'm stoked! I've never done one before...but I am gonna do this one!!
  • gingerenderly
    Options
    I started C25K today. I am very overweight and my legs were burning pretty bad when I was done. I feel ok, just wonder if I will do more harm than good considering the pounding on my body. Any constructive insight will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • necca68
    necca68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K last spring, and I've run 2 5k's since then. My advice is JUST KEEP DOING IT! Losing motivation during the winter months is VERY easy to do, but bust thru those months and just keep doing it! One motivating factor for me was I signed myself up for 5k's during the holidays. So I did one on Thanksgiving and one during Christmas. I just signed myself up for another one the end of March. Gives me something to work towards. Also..if you don't feel you are ready to move on to the next work out, just redo the last workout. As long as you are doing SOMETHING...then don't worry about not being ready to move on!
  • nesstle
    nesstle Posts: 62
    Options
    I did the first day yesterday, went well, jogged all the parts and felt like I could do more. Bet I won't be so joyous at week 3/4. I'm aiming for 6 days a week. Just repeating the days twice.
    Add me if you like.
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 5. Wahoo!! And I am going to do a '2 Mile' Challenge in March. Hopefully I will be ready for a 5K in April. Running very slowly, really jogging is a better description, having a race to work toward will hopefully help that. Thanks for posting all the helpful advice and support!!
  • dj542
    dj542 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Started c25k on Jan 1, though it wasn't a resolution or anything. Just finished day three and liking the program so far. Feel free to add me, I'd love the motivation. Thanks.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs doing the c25k, and I literally was a person who would rather let a bear eat them then attempt to run away from it (I liked to think of it as a Darth Vader approach, hey he never ran=P)
    This app really was a life changer. I would love to support anyone who is doing it. Add me!

Oh and side note-if you ever find a day that is just to hard do not hesitate to break it down. I felt like a failure when I hit the 20 min run day and could not do it. It took a week of breaking it into two 10 min runs with a short walk between. I just kept going while trying to remember that even a bad run is better then no run. Good luck!