Loosing at least 100 lbs on 1200 Calories

Options
Hi my name is Rosie and I wanted to start a support group for those of us who are on a 1200 calorie diet and are needing to loose 100 lbs or more. We can share updates, recipes, anything that's on our minds. I really didn't even search to see if there was a group like this out there already or not, so sorry if there is, but here's another one. :smile:

I started with MFP on Jan 18th with a goal of loosing at least 100 lbs. I am on 1200 calories and it is really hard coming up with things to eat everyday, and not eating out! I love eating out.

I love chocolate too.

Replies

• emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    We are on the same boat doll. We can do it yes we can!!! Im glad you started this. I haven't checked for other groups as I am fairly new to this whole community part of MFP. I will be keeping up with this one :flowerforyou:
    Stay positive and committed :smile:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Ladies, please count me in! I could always do with the extra support here in MFP. I have been a member since Sept 2009, and have lost 37lbs to date. I will need to loose another 100lbs.

Looking forward to our interactions :)
  • MistyTrautwein
    Options
    weight watchers double chocolate muffins are awesome if your a chocolate lover! they are 180 caloies and 3gs of fat so try them also look for the biggest loser cookbook thats the best
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi and WELCOME. We are in this journey together. :flowerforyou:
  • emarcia28
    Options
    weight watchers double chocolate muffins are awesome if your a chocolate lover! they are 180 caloies and 3gs of fat so try them also look for the biggest loser cookbook thats the best

They are good!! I have a weight watchers chicken cookbook with pretty good fairly low cal recipes. I will post a few sometime soon.

:drinker: Anyone have any suggestions on good low cal drinks. I try to stick to drinking water, hot green or kombucha tea with a tad of raw honey or plain altogether, I sometimes do propel or crystal light packets in my water bottle but i get sick of them quickly lol. Ok thanks! Good night all..
  • emarcia28
    Options
    Ladies, please count me in! I could always do with the extra support here in MFP. I have been a member since Sept 2009, and have lost 37lbs to date. I will need to loose another 100lbs.

Looking forward to our interactions :)

GOOD FOR YOU!! Keep it up and before you know it you will be closer to your goal!!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I also have over 100lbs to lose, but I have a daily cal allowance of 1600? How did you get 1200? Did you customize it yourself?
  • 25anniversary2011
    Options
    I also have over 100lbs to lose, but I have a daily cal allowance of 1600? How did you get 1200? Did you customize it yourself?

That is the number MFP gave me, no customization here! :ohwell:
  • 25anniversary2011
    Options

They are good!! I have a weight watchers chicken cookbook with pretty good fairly low cal recipes. I will post a few sometime soon.

:drinker: Anyone have any suggestions on good low cal drinks. I try to stick to drinking water, hot green or kombucha tea with a tad of raw honey or plain altogether, I sometimes do propel or crystal light packets in my water bottle but i get sick of them quickly lol. Ok thanks! Good night all..

I like Wyler's Light Raspberry Tea. Almost like Crystal Light, but easier on the pocket book.
  • mmrose00
    Options

That is so strange, the people I know on here that have 10-25lbs to lose are doing 1200 cal's daily....The people I know with your stats are on 1500... VERY strange!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1200 calories for about 5.5 months now. I hit a plateau and guess what the answer to breaking it was -- EATING MORE!

I'm now eating my base 1200 and half of my exercise calories and I've started losing again after being stuck for 3 weeks. Always keep in mind you may need to make adjustments along the way. :wink: When you're eating 1200 calories -- adjusting DOWN is never the answer if you hit a plateau.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

That is so strange, the people I know on here that have 10-25lbs to lose are doing 1200 cal's daily....The people I know with your stats are on 1500... VERY strange!

It's not strange when she's (I'm assuming) set to lose 2 pounds a week. You have to create a calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day to set yourself up to lose 2 pounds per week. I know for me, setting myself up on a 1000 calorie deficit actually would put me UNDER 1200 calories a day, but MFP bottoms out at 1200 (for safety reasons) so that's what it gives me.
  • mmrose00
    Options

It's not strange when she's (I'm assuming) set to lose 2 pounds a week. You have to create a calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day to set yourself up to lose 2 pounds per week. I know for me, setting myself up on a 1000 calorie deficit actually would put me UNDER 1200 calories a day, but MFP bottoms out at 1200 (for safety reasons) so that's what it gives me.

I am set to lose 2 lbs a week as well.. Oh well I guess it's different for everyone. I was just confused about the 1200 cal allowance @ 250lbs and at 199lbs still trying to lose weight at 2lbs a week.. I thought there would be a difference in the # of cal you are allotted daily based on your current weight.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

I am set to lose 2 lbs a week as well.. Oh well I guess it's different for everyone. I was just confused about the 1200 cal allowance @ 250lbs and at 199lbs still trying to lose weight at 2lbs a week.. I thought there would be a difference in the # of cal you are allotted daily based on your current weight.

There is a difference. When I started at 270, I was allotted 1340 (but I never ate 1340) or so. It went down from there. Don't forget you also have to take height and age into consideration for the difference between people. :smile:
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on how sedentary your job is....I was allotted 1740 calories to lose 2 lbs a week starting at 300 pounds.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I hit a plateau and decided to up my cals as well as add an extra day of exercise every week. I hope this works. I hate being so close and not reaching my goal.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Count me in:wink: ..I have alot to lose also:noway: ..but I can and will do this!!:love:
  • Gretsie
    Options
    Wow, 1200 calories is nothing. I can't even imagine eating that few a calories anymore. MFP pall put me at 1500 as I need to lose 145 pounds. I though cool, I'll just eat a few less calories and I'll lose all the more. WRONG! I didn't lose a thing. Then I got BIggest Loser for Wii and that put me at 2280 to start. AAAGGG I thought, I'll be a blimp in no time, but ya know what? I've been eating between 2100 and 2300 calories per day and losing 2-3 pounds a week. I asked my trainer/runner/exercise guru friend and she said that anything under 2000 calories at my weight and the body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto everything. You'll lose some weight but you'll more muscle which is what you don't want. Her advise? Feed your body what it needs and it will willingly give up all that extra weight. So far it's working. My goal is 10 pounds a month and so far I'm on track to make that - even with a couple of really big gains around my period which happens every month - I just plan for it. I've lost 17 pounds since January 1 and have March 16, 2011 as the ultimate goal date. My current mini goal is to be under 250 by April 5th when my son and I head to Disney Land. There have been a lot of things we couldn't do together over the last couple of years because there was a 250 pound weight limit and I was over that. No longer will my weight stand in the way of having fun with my son! Good luck with you weight loss plan. You can do this!
  • kenya84
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to loose 100lbs total, but I lost 50lbs last year. i joined MFP Jan. 1 to help me loose the other 50lbs. I am on 1240 calorie a day.
  • kenya84
    Options
    Hi my name is Rosie and I wanted to start a support group for those of us who are on a 1200 calorie diet and are needing to loose 100 lbs or more. We can share updates, recipes, anything that's on our minds. I really didn't even search to see if there was a group like this out there already or not, so sorry if there is, but here's another one. :smile:

I started with MFP on Jan 18th with a goal of loosing at least 100 lbs. I am on 1200 calories and it is really hard coming up with things to eat everyday, and not eating out! I love eating out.

I love chocolate too.

Right now I am eating a little differently because I am traveling with my job. Usually i will eat 4 oz baked chicken breast and 2 cups of green beans for lunch. My lunch was less than 200 or just about 200 calories, which left room for Emeralds 100 Calorie CoCoa Roast Almonds. They taste like chocolate covered Almonds. Oh and sign up to be put on the email list for Hungrygirl.com she gives GREAT food tips! I LOVE to eat out too, so I always opt for grilled chicken breast hold the mashed potatoes, with extra veggies, or a grilled chicken salad with light dressing! Unsweetened iced tea has become my friend!!lol!!