Any Busty Ladies Out There?

Options
This is just a general query, but ...
are there any other rather top heavy girls out there?
i need help with getting a decent sports bra that will give me support whilst doing high impact exercise and running!
i'm not sure of what makes i should be looking out for?! HELP!

Replies

• cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just got Victoria's secret incredible sports bra and I love love love it! Before that I had a Moving Comfort.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes! I got the Moving Comfort Fiona bra and it's awesome! I'm a 36DD and I dance, zumba and do high impact aerobics. It's very comfortable too and doesn't give me a "uniboob".
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine are a UK D cup (US C I think), although they've been bigger after I've had kids, and my Pure Lime sports bras have been good. They're getting a bit loose now though as i've lost more weight, plus I guess they've been washed loads of times.

I saw a Nike one with good support that I liked and might buy it.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that! I am a 38DD and have been an athlete all my life...never found a really GREAT one. I would say to get ones that are mostly fabric, make sure it's a little snug (to hold everything down!), and you can always do the "run test" in the dressing room (jogging in place to see how well it works. My mother made me do this as a teen lol). If I'm doing something super high impact, I bite the bullet and wear more than one. Good luck, and remember, just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's more comfortable or lasts longer! :flowerforyou:
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are but I always for for shock absorbers and I'm an FF, even after losing the weight......

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/
    http://shockabsorberusa.com/
  • ethieman
    ethieman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Enell is the only sports bra that I will ever buy again. Hooks up the front, incredibly supportive too! Pricey, but I still have the first one I purchased 5 years ago!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Under Armour makes one that actually comes in cup sizes (I'm a DD). I run in it and have no problems in addition, there is no uniboob.

My other favorite is the Adidas ClimaLite bra.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Give me some ;)
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Mine are a UK D cup (US C I think), although they've been bigger after I've had kids, and my Pure Lime sports bras have been good. They're getting a bit loose now though as i've lost more weight, plus I guess they've been washed loads of times.

I saw a Nike one with good support that I liked and might buy it.

I'm a uk 34dd I use Nike keeps me locked away ;) x
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I am 36 F. Yup. I wear a properly fitted underwire bra. And on top of that I wear a sports bra that is a little too tight so they don't jump about so much. But if it is too tight it will rub and chafe. Shock absorber is good.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I use the double layer spandex ones... Champion has some good ones, but I'll buy any brand that looks like it's the right size and is hard to stretch. I just want something that compresses me even if it gives me one massive boob! I used to wear two bras in HS when I cheerleaded to keep the girls in place. :) Good luck!
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort makes excellent sports bras for larger-busted women. I am a 36G and I use the Moving Comfort "Maia" Bra I think it is (their largest cup size is E but the 38E fits okay for me for hiking and stuff, and the 36E I wear for running). Keeps the girls well under control!

Edited to add: If you are at all small in the shoulders, "regular" sports bras even if they fit your bust will not be supportive enough because they will be too big in the straps. I found the same with the Enell bras, because I have small shoulders, they do not work for me.
  • koridoobah
    koridoobah Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im a 40 DDD. To be honest, the best sports bra I have ever worn I randomly picked up at WalMart on black friday. The Genie Bra, I think it's called... it's an as seen on TV product. I grabbed it because it was only 6 bucks and when I got home and opened the package I laughed because it doesn't look like it would be very supportive... then I put it on and was stunned! it's so supportive and comfy. I wear it all the time now!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Personally, I have never found a GOOD sports bra. I'm a 42 DDD, and for what I can find in my size, nothing ever does the trick. No matter what sports bra I've tried, I still bounce, a lot, and it's very painful. What you can do, is buy two really sturdy bras. One that's your size, and one that's a size smaller, which you put on top. Some people will use three. It'll limit the bouncing, but it's constricting and, well, it looks incredibly unattractive. I know working out isn't about how you look, but when I'm at the gym, I do care A LITTLE. So I wasn't happy with that. There is only one bra I've ever used that keeps me from bouncing. Ashley stewarts Butterfly bras. Specifically the full coverage butterfly bra. The plunge butterfly bra is actually good too, but during intense physical activity you will start to slip out, because it's not meant for that, it's meant for low cut blouses. These bras aren't technically geared for activity, and they have wires and double backs so it's not necessarily the most comfortable thing lol. But I promise, you WILL not bounce haha. I always wear my Ashley Stewarts bras, because my breasts are veryyyy sensitive and it really hurts if I bounce, even a small amount. So I alwayssss wear my Ashley Stewart butterfly bras. For workouts I use the full coverage, and for day to day wear, I use the plunge.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Shock absorbers make brilliant ones. i have 2 of them. They are meant for high impact and really hold you in. There's no way these big girls are ever moving in those ones! I do however, need help to put them on and take them off :blushing:
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am another one who has trouble even with the best sports bra. I am a 36GG.

So I wear a decent fitting sports bra and then put a 2 size too small swim suit over the top. Those puppys do not move with this combination - although I do get some strange looks in the changing rooms when peeling the sweat laden combo off. Oh and make sure you wear underwear under the swim suit too ( and yes that gets the looks too)
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am a DDD girl myself. Two bras. Always.
  • Thank you <3 these are great! at least I know a few makes to look out for! Now to go find one that fits :D x
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I've been double bra-ing since day one of working out. Normal cotton under wire bra and a sports bra (one size too small) on top.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    This is just a general query, but ...
    are there any other rather top heavy girls out there?
    i need help with getting a decent sports bra that will give me support whilst doing high impact exercise and running!
    i'm not sure of what makes i should be looking out for?! HELP!

Decent sports brassieres for busty women ... You'll honestly need to commit the time to find ones that are of lycra [or any other fabric that has a bit of a give/stretch effect like spandex], are wireless, high impact, shock absorbing and have full coverage.

If you are certain that your bra sizing is accurate, you can call the store ahead of time, so they may assemble what they have in stock in your size, before you try them out, to save time.

* Replacement bras are to be ready in 3 months time, for with high impact activities [like running], our breasts need the casings to be sturdy-strong.

I'm a 36DD.