Apple Cider Vinegar...

Options
2»

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I just started acv on Jan 1. I have lost weight, but not sure if it is from that or from my diet or both. It helps to speed the metabolism, it pushes fat through our bodies quickly so they don't have time to absorb, it suppresses appetite. It helps produce serotonin which helps to eliminate stress. how can it not help you lose weight?

There isn't evidence of this... at least not in any peer reviewed studies.

More muscle is the only thing that will increase your metabolism... Nothing besides burning more calories than you consume makes you lose fat. It may surpress appetite but I would imagine it would be more of a placebo effect.

ACV isn't the worst thing to have but I wouldn't take it solely for weight loss... it won't actually make you lose weight. ACVis vinegar can help with heartburn, it's good for the skin, helps with dandruff. It can harm your body though and can interact with many medications so use caution.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It makes a delicious salad dressing.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

do tell...what do you toss it with?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to take speed, the only thing that works is a calorie deficit and exercise.....

or Ketamine but yeah....

Or Dexedrine or Adderal or any entactogen really.

The list goes on and on.

Eww...No you can keep the Ketamine. That stuff just makes you nuts. :smokin:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

do tell...what do you toss it with?

I don't think we should turn this thread into a salad tossing thread when it is clearly about drinking vinegar to lose weight.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use this? Have you seen results? I am putting 2 T in my water daily. I wonder if it is helping my loose weight.

I hear that a exercise program that involves some heavy lifting helps with the loose weight.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/AN01816
    From Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Drinking apple cider vinegar for weight loss isn't likely to be effective.

Proponents of the apple cider vinegar diet claim that drinking a small amount of apple cider vinegar before meals or taking an apple cider vinegar supplement helps curb appetite and burn fat. However, there's little scientific support for these claims.

Although occasional use of apple cider vinegar is safe for most people, it won't likely lead to weight loss — and it may pose problems of its own. For example:

Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. It may irritate your throat if you drink it often or in large amounts.
    Apple cider vinegar may interact with certain supplements or drugs, including diuretics and insulin. This may contribute to low potassium levels.
    Remember, there's no magic bullet for weight loss. The key to losing weight is burning more calories than you consume. Choose healthy foods — such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean sources of protein — and include physical activity in your daily routine.
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do apple cider vinegar with water and sliced veggies. Yummy. One part aplple cider vinegar to 3 parts water. If you let it set over night the veggies grab the flavor.