Smart phone....what one to get?

Options
DMUND
DMUND Posts: 299 Member
I'm going to be in the market for a new smart phone but would like some input before making my choice. Right now I have a Droid X2, however I recently purchased an iPad so was thinking of getting an iPhone. What are your thoughts. Pros/cons....thanks!

Ps. Both my daughters have the Samsung galaxy 3 and really like it...but not as compatible with the iPad.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated,

Replies

• ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone. It's the only ones I've ever bought though.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    iPhone 5.
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I think its down to personal choice.. I have the old iphone3gs which is about 18months old now, my friend has the newer iphone but misses his old iphone which was the same as mine, my daughter has the samsung gallaxy 3 and loves it! Have a shot of it for a couple of hours, same if you know someone with and iphone have a shot of theirs see which one you like best, sorry can't be of more help, hopefully others will be able to tell you more..

p.s.. love my iphone..
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE my Samsung Galaxy S3. iPhones are nice too especially if you have all Apple products and want your iPad, Mac, etc. all to work together.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I adore my Samsung Galaxy S3. Not anymore than the iPhone, though - we're just an Android family.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Love my iPhone5. The kids have the iPhone 4S. The 5 is a little longer than I like for texting (I have little hands). But overall great phone. I had a Androidphone before that & I have an Android tablet. I love those too. If possible play with them all & see what you like best. The Galaxy is just too big for me.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    i have an ipad and a galaxy s3. i don't mind that they aren't compatible because i use each for different things. i love love love having the galaxy. it's super thin with a nice big screen, and i just like all the features so far
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    We are Apple people and LOVE the iPhones. DH has the 4, daughters and sons-in-law the 4s, and I have the iPhone 5. We love love love them. Even die hard Apple haters (one son in law and daughter) have switched over from Droid to iPhone. Absolutely on problems with them
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,148 Member
    Options
    I am droid all the way. I have an LG Optimus Black that I am quite pleased with. I also use droid tablets. I have zero desire to pay extra just to have an apple on something. YMMV.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 3 but soon am getting a better one. My hubby has an iPhone 5 and loves it. My friend has the galaxy s3 and it is too big for me. I think it's all about personal preference. I love my iPhone and will never have anything else. :bigsmile:
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    I have had a droid and an iPhone and i LOVE my iPhone. I am also an apple fan- i have an iPad and a macbook pro so i may be biased. But my droid had issues with synching, battery life was not as good and it wasnt my favorite. I say iPhone
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    S3 lover here. Its an awesome phone!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have the iPhone4. I'm thinking about going back to a Droid.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4S, which I really like. It's just so easy to use, a nice size and weight, and the interface is really clear and smooth. Very decent camera too, and obviously apps such as MFP, endomondo etc all work well. It would also link well with your iPad, whereas that would be more of a challenge on an Android phone, though not impossible.

If you decide on an iPhone I would not recommend the iPhone 5. The only differences between the 4S and the 5 are that the 5's screen is slightly too big so it can't fit in your hand/pocket (especially if you're a girl), it has a slightly worse camera (goes all purple in bright light), and it is made of cheap aluminium so it bends and goes out of shape easily.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I have the 4 and I'm happy with it. What features do you want/don't want?
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love my iphone 4s works well and can share some of your ipad apps.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i love samsungs.... on my 2nd samsung smart phone :) (better camera and screen than iphones... i did a lot of research before i upgraded)
    hated htc
    all i can offer
    x
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have the Droid Razr Maxx and love it. I looked at iPhones when i got my Droid but there was no way I could justify paying double just to have iTunes, which was the only reason i wanted an iPhone. I am pretty anti-Apple though, their stuff is compatible with their stuff. Ticks me off.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Replaced my droidx2 with a Galaxy Note a few days ago. Have to get used to the Samsung tricks that replace my Motorola tricks, but I'm extremely happy with this phone. The screen is remarkable.

If I wasn't in a rush, I would have waited for the nexus 4 to come available. Paying Google full price for the phone (300) saves you $30+ a month on tmobile.
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It's all about the iPhone :)