Smart phone....what one to get?

Options
2»

Replies

• LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    We have a SG3 and and HTC we love our phones... our family that have the Iphone are complaining to us about not being able to use some apps, also where we are using some free apps on our phones they have a charge to use the exact same app... So list your must haves and would like to have's. Then find someone who has an Iphone and play with it for awhile...

Good Luck
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am pretty anti-Apple though, their stuff is compatible with their stuff. Ticks me off.

I know, right? just horrible
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Replaced my droidx2 with a Galaxy Note a few days ago. Have to get used to the Samsung tricks that replace my Motorola tricks, but I'm extremely happy with this phone. The screen is remarkable.

If I wasn't in a rush, I would have waited for the nexus 4 to come available. Paying Google full price for the phone (300) saves you $30+ a month on tmobile.

Did you get the new Note or the version 1? My husband is looking at the new one for his next phone.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Droid for the win!
    Seriously, iphones,ipads,mac and all those devices made by apple have the same programming,so basically if you have all of those devices congradulations cause the ALL do the same thing & are ALL set up the same!
    I'm just not a fan of apple! even though i like the Ipad's! Oh but guess what droid has like 20 different kinds of tablets that i can choose from!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    iphone is good for the technologically challenged(young/old) ...droid is good for everyone else.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I love my Galaxy S3, and it does so much more than the I5
  • vyrk
    vyrk Posts: 5
    Options
    Samsung Galaxy S3 is perfect in my opinion.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Replaced my droidx2 with a Galaxy Note a few days ago. Have to get used to the Samsung tricks that replace my Motorola tricks, but I'm extremely happy with this phone. The screen is remarkable.

If I wasn't in a rush, I would have waited for the nexus 4 to come available. Paying Google full price for the phone (300) saves you $30+ a month on tmobile.

Did you get the new Note or the version 1? My husband is looking at the new one for his next phone.

New note. Using it to post all day
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I would recommend a Blackberry! I love mine - it has lasted two and a half years!! Love itttt :D:D
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    go big or go home...Note 2. I have a Note and I love it. I could never go back to a smaller phone again now. Rumors are the Note 3 will be a 6.3" phone...it will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    iphone is good for the technologically challenged(young/old) ...droid is good for everyone else.

werd

iOS - for the ones that like it simple and no real options
    Android - for the tweakers
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Still looking. But did find out I would get iPhone 4 for free but would have to pay for the 5. Still looking st other options too!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have the Samsung Sidekick 4G. My husband has the Samsung Galaxy Sii. I'm almost ready for an upgrade and I think I want the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, or possibly Siii.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Droid for the win!
    Seriously, iphones,ipads,mac and all those devices made by apple have the same programming,so basically if you have all of those devices congradulations cause the ALL do the same thing & are ALL set up the same!
    I'm just not a fan of apple! even though i like the Ipad's! Oh but guess what droid has like 20 different kinds of tablets that i can choose from!

At least when they release an operating system update EVERY one gets it. Androids do not do it that way because they want you to go buy a new phone to get the current operating system. That's shady business and a huge lload of crap and part of the reason I deep six'd my Android.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Not so.. I'm neither young nor old and I'm far from technologically challenged. I have qualifications in IT and consider myself adept at technology in general. I actually had an android smartphone before my current iPhone, but I just wasn't a fan of the interface and just the whole look and feel of the thing. iPhone for me is much nicer on many levels.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have one of the new windows phones and I love it. It is the Nokia 920 and I got that after my iPhone 4s fell in the toilet and drowned. I never thought I would find anything to replace my iPhone because I was a big apple fan, but the one I have now is pretty rad.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I had Droids for several years and loved them but recently got an iPhone 5 because it syncs so well with my iPad and AppleTV. My husband did the same, so everything is now linked. (I joke that I can now locate him wherever he is and make his phone go off like crazy, though he could of course do the same to me...)

Anyway, so far I like the iPhone a hair better than my last Droid (which was less than a year old), but it does come down to personal preference. If you already have an iPad, you might appreciate the way an iPhone works together with it.

The downside to going from Droid to an iPhone? You lose all your paid apps and have to start from scratch :(