Do you feel like you're invisible or way too visible?

Soo all my friends are either in very serious relationships or are getting married Next Year. Yes, all of them. Ok except one who just got out of a serious relationship but she has no problem meeting guys. I'm always the best friend of the hot chick, which is why I always stay in the "friend zone" with guys and i have wayyy tooo many guy "friends".
Sometimes it is soooo frustrating. Reality is that no body wants to date the fat chick. Ok maybe 1 in a million will settle.

Has anyone ever felt that either they were invisible- no one noticed them or way too visible- that everyone noticed the big girl?

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I wonder if they real think of you as only a friend or if you currently lack the self-confidence to see it any other way or test the waters a little bit. Self confidence plays a large part in meeting people, imo.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    i've been invisible pretty much my whole life but i lack some serious Self confidence
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    I wasn't actually invisible until I hit my 40s. I have to admit that I like it (but then, I'm kind of shy in some ways). It's been one of the things holding me back from losing weight, actually. I'd just as soon be in the background most of the time...maybe since I'm older, though, becoming thin won't affect that.

However...this did not seem to be a problem with meeting or charming men in my age bracket (married again in my 50s and during the time I was single actually dated more than I did before I married the first time).
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Invisible since I got divorced ... or maybe they see me and just think I have the plague
  • thanks for your input guys!!! I feel that when we eat clean and train mean at the end of the day we feel better about ourselves and better in our own skin. It's a huge boost to self confidence. I am going to continue my best and see where that leads me!

Good luck to you as well.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    I'd say I'm a happy medium of visible and invisible.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    completely invisible.

I've had several people that I see 3-5 times a year at religious events re-introduce themselves to me EVERY YEAR.

I also never get any customer service when shopping.

And never have anyone remember my --very distinctive-- name.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Visible as I want to be. You make your own luck. You make yourself as visible or invisible as you choose.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member

16kz3o5.jpg
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Being that I'm fairly tall , pretty loud with a strange accent it's kind of hard not to notice me...

Visible.
  • MidwestAngel
    Being that I'm fairly tall , pretty loud with a strange accent it's kind of hard not to notice me...

Visible.
    And killer quads and hammies!!!!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,670 Member
    Visible as I want to be. You make your own luck. You make yourself as visible or invisible as you choose.

You say that,

but I dress in loud colors, often dye my hair crazy unnatural colors, bathe in glitter, and go out of my way to be the helpiest helper EVER

yet no one ever recognizes me the second time we meet.
  • MidwestAngel

16kz3o5.jpg
    That's right b!tches, she's my pimp.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I've always thought that I was way too visible....on account of, I got a big mouth! :blushing:

:smokin:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Very visible and outgoing in every way accept flirting with people I find attractive. Mostly a confidence thing. It's getting better, but I'm still single...
  • Without a doubt--I am invisible.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    the reason "all" your friends are getting married is bc you're 26. It's the age of desperation and jumping too soon. Focus on yourself and the changes you want to make.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Visible but I would say 9 times out of 10 that's a total confidence thing. It really... really shows on the outside when you're feeling less than stellar on the inside.
  • Visible in positive and negative ways...
  • I would say I´m noticed, at least people sure have oppinions when it comes down to my weight.
    I´m disabled so I guess that is scaring men more than my ugly heavy look.
    I know how you are feeling, all and I mean ALL of my friends are in relationships or married and as soon as they found their spouses they had not time for me so I have found myself totally alone. When I tried to reach out to one friend I was asked..."what do you want" and I was only wishing him good luck on his exams. I don´t get it why people have to change so much when they fall in love. When I met the only guy I have been with I didn´t push my friends away, maybe because my house was the meeting center but still my ex didn´t like my friends and I told him to go meet his friends than, so I didn´t change and I don´t understand why people change so much.
    I will always just stay in the "friend zone" due to my looks and disability and that is ok most of the time.
    I wish you all the best and hopefully your friends will wake up and realize what they are risking losing