Has anyone ever tried Alli?

Options
Has anyone on here ever tried Alli? I have heard mixed reviews about it and just wondering if anyone has ever had any success?:smile:

Replies

• flabbytofabby
    Options
    Is that the diet pill that causes you to poop out any fat that you eat? I heard its horrible and if your eating make sure your near a toilet at all times!

I wouldn't waste money if I was you, you need fats in your diet.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yup, I tried it. Didn't do a thing for me except drain my wallet - luckily, only 25 bucks.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Side effects include anal leakage. Save your money and just learn to eat well and move more.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My mom and my best friend did. . . and had to wear a pad because of the anal leakage.
  • onyxwood
    onyxwood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    A friend was losing weight for her wedding and took those. We were all set for the beach, and she grabbed a handful of peanuts and walked out the door popping the handful in her mouth. We didn't make it to the beach. She didn't make it to the bathroom. No thanks!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    DO NOT USE ALLI YOU WILL ISH YOUR PANTS.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it cause anal leakage?
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Overhyped expensive junk.
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did for a short time. I stopped, waiting a few days, ate something fatty, and was in the Walmart bathroom for an hour. lol. Sorry TMI. It's bad and unpredictable and so not worth it!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I take some before a hike to leave a pooh trail for the search hounds just in case I get lost in the woods.
    Other than that, Alli is of little use.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Only experience I have with it was my doc asking if I wanted to try it, and then her giving me reasons I probably shouldn't.

Basically it stops you from absorbing excess fat in your diet and has, as some have said, rather unpleasant side effects.

Just as effective, with less expense and none of the side effects, is to work on lowering your intake of unhealthy fats.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in Egypt will have the same effect AND you get to take some happy snaps.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is all.
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I tried 2 bottles. I had no side ffects with it, I guess because I followed directions best I could. But the most important thing is, both times I just wasted 30 bucks because it didnt help at all. nothing. nada. I was looking for at least two pounds from one bottle but neither time did I even lose an ounce. Funny when I left it alone completely after my second bottle, I started to lose. Thats weird.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    And yet they still market it as the solution of the century.

Listen, find exercise you like. Find healthy meals and supplements you like.

Give exercise a month and log how great you feel after each workout. Try to eat as much "real" food as possible and don't buy food marketed as "diet" food b/c that's typically loaded with more slop than food. Write down how you feel now, when you are hopeful, and what you hope to accomplish. When it gets hard, which it will, go back to how you felt when you started and don't let yourself down.

Keep it simple, eat "real" food, move, and remember, Rome wasn't built in a day!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Wait... it also causes gas with oily spotting.
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    why I dont know, but I think those rave reviews must be fake.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i bought it a year ago and never used it. glad I didn't ... i'd much rather do it by watching calories