Has anyone ever tried Alli?

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Side effects include anal leakage. Save your money and just learn to eat well and move more.

I'm not willing to do any sort of diet/pill/supplement that results in uncontrolled evacuations from my rear.
  • cbassett08
    Options
    If you are feeling bloated and crummy, try cleanse and lean. It is an all natural digestive cleanser in pill form. You can get them at nutrition stores or online. I have had the same bottle for about a year and I like to use it when I've had a horrible weekend of poor eating (which isn't too often), but it works great and is predictable. Take it at night and poo in the morning!
  • highsoprano
    Options
    Yes, I used it several years ago and had no problems with it. The warnings freaked me out, but I was fine and I believe it helped. Plan to use it again now to lose 10 lbs.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a month and stuck to a strict low fat diet to avoid the side effects. Lost weight but no faster than I am now doing the same thing minus the pills. Once we went to dinner and all I had was a salad. The dressing was a very sparse light dressing but i had a massive stomach ache when we got home and was up all night with that lovely orange discharge. That was the last time I used it and will never use it again.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    lol you won't find support for that stuff here. There is no magic pill, just being here you will learn about nutrition and exercise. MFP changed my life and I am so thankful for all my MFP friends. Don't look for the easy way out because there is no easy way if you want to keep it off, you have to change for good.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I take some before a hike to leave a pooh trail for the search hounds just in case I get lost in the woods.
    Other than that, Alli is of little use.
    LOL :laugh:
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, I tried it and had the same experience as everyone else. Unpredictable explosive diarrhea and anal leakage. It's nasty! Don't do it!
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm so happy I read this forum post..I was feeling a little hungry...however after seeing the word anal leakage repeatedly, I have completely lost my appetite..haha Thank you!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    You will fart oil. It is a terrible, terrible idea!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    The alli pill is designed to exacerbate your weight-loss by an additional pound, but you have to be on a diet. For example, if you reduce the amount of calories and fat you take into your body, you'll lose weight; however, if you take the alli pill with your existing diet plan, you can lose an additional pound for each pound you lose. If you accidentally eat some fat, you will have a greasy, un-welcomed anal discharge.
  • mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that used it and lost almost a 100 lbs. But his eating habits are very bad. For lunch he would eat marshmallows. No fat in those. During the time he took alli he also took up exercising and running. I think that is what caused his weight lost not the drugs.

That being said I tried it once for a few weeks. I ate very little fat and seen no results from alli. If you eat a lot of fatty foods then you will have the side affects and maybe lose weight. I personally think it is a big waste of money . Just eat healthy and exercise and you will lose weight.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    fat farts...too funny

oh my goodness... funny but unfortunately SO TRUE. I know. :embarassed:
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    this thread is too funny!!
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    What most people who take Alli don't realize but is on the packaging for Alli is that you're not supposed to eat foods high in fat while on it. If you eat low-fat foods and take it you wont have the stomach problems most people go on and on about.
  • anzi888
    anzi888 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It only works if you follow the freaking directions. People who poop themselves aren't following the directions. A coworker used it and lost her first 50 pounds. You can't eat more than 17 grams of fat per meal. Anything higher than that will cause anal leaking and nasty accidents. so no, you can't take it and still go eat McDonalds unless you plan carefully (no condiments on anything, no fries, etc)

I have other friends who took it and had success because they followed directions.

and I bet if you limit yourself to 17 grams of fat per meal WITHOUT the pill, you'll lose weight! ;)
  • amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I took Alli for 3 months, I didnt suffer any side effects which just showed me that my diet was low in fat in the first place. I didn't lose any weight whilst taking them.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    and I bet if you limit yourself to 17 grams of fat per meal WITHOUT the pill, you'll lose weight! ;)
    Only if you're in an overall caloric deficit. Dietary fat does not equal body fat.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't prefer anal leakage.

To add, if you want to decrease fat absorption eat less fat. If you want to lose weight eat at a caloric deficit. If you want to preserve the integrity of your panties stay of of alli, eat better, and move more.
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Side effects include anal leakage. Save your money and just learn to eat well and move more.

I now have a mental picture and it is wrong on sooo many levels...
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It only works if you follow the freaking directions. People who poop themselves aren't following the directions. A coworker used it and lost her first 50 pounds. You can't eat more than 17 grams of fat per meal. Anything higher than that will cause anal leaking and nasty accidents. so no, you can't take it and still go eat McDonalds unless you plan carefully (no condiments on anything, no fries, etc)

I have other friends who took it and had success because they followed directions.

Actually from my personal experience, not 100% true. I took it twice. The first time I'd have a McDonald's Value meal for Lunch and a Taco Bell combo for dinner, and I was fine. The second time I actually followed the low fat crap that it said to, cooked at home, etc and I ruined all my panties with grease farts (and....I think I may have pooped myself once, but can't remember for sure). Pretty backwards from what they claim.

And neither time did I really lose much, if any weight.