Anyone gonna be one of "those" gym people on Jan.1?

Options

Replies

• deb3690
    deb3690 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh yes....I already am! I joined a small local gym and the looks I get! I'm sure they will accept me pretty soon....The smiles.....Im sure they are all betting I will drop by March....Jokes on them...I'll be dropping pounds!

I contracted a trainer too....her chief job is to help me find ways to stick to it....I already know my staying powers will be tested in about a month or two. So I'm trying to plan ahead.
  • judithmurray
    judithmurray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too !!
  • chinoplata
    chinoplata Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'll be at the gym first thing in the morning. If I happen to miss it then I'll go for a jog. Starting the year out strong!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.
    And people like me will be glad to see you there. I have been in the gym for the last 5 years. I always love to see new people and most importantly, I love to see them in March. ;)

Stick with it!

^^ I concur!!!
  • tbrennofagerland
    Options
    Good for you!!! What an accomplishment on so many different levels!
  • FreezingMist
    Options
    Heck yes i am! Its always good to start ovr again. And this yr i really need to!
  • rubyalison
    Options
    I will be!
    I am joining today because they have a special price ending today, then going to work out for the first time tomorrow.
    I'm a little intimidated - starting from Zero fitness wise - but I'm looking forward to it.
    My goal is to get to the gym at least 5 days a week.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Kind of? I've been going to the gym here at school sporadically (since I'm required to pay for it with student fees, might as well use it!), and haven't been for the past few weeks due to being home etc (kinda hard to get there when you're in another state :/ ), but my plan is to be there more regularly this year, starting tomorrow (because they close at 5 today and I'll be working till then).

Assuming, of course, that I wash my workout gear between now and then. :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    haha nope in fact I probably won't be at the gym for most of Jan and will just work out at home... I don't like being out in the snow if I don't have to, and I don't like crowds at the gym.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Already a gym memeber, now I would make my lazy *kitten* get out and go more often!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I actually started being one of "those" people on Saturday. But I've had some prior experience with strength training and general fitness from my military days. I've also set attainable goals for myself, so I'm not just going in to lift and run haphazardly.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Only if the new year deals are good enough!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm gonna be a resolutioner at the gym on Jan.1

I've been sick since Xmas.... my plan was to avoid the gym for the first few days of Jan but now I have to be there and get back in the flow. I'm also gonna be starting at a new gym. I'm gonna be one of those peeps.
    And people like me will be glad to see you there. I have been in the gym for the last 5 years. I always love to see new people and most importantly, I love to see them in March. ;)

Stick with it!

Lol I WORK in a gym (try that when you are 75 pounds overweight for your self esteem lol) and the 'regular' gym people get a little frustrated with the resolutioners because all of a sudden the parking lot is packed, the classes are JAMMED and the newbies act like they own the place lol....it would be GREAT if they would stick it out past February but MOST of them dont...so I LOVED your comment about how you LOVE to see them in March!!! SO TRUE!!!!!!!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I will be!
    I am joining today because they have a special price ending today, then going to work out for the first time tomorrow.
    I'm a little intimidated - starting from Zero fitness wise - but I'm looking forward to it.
    My goal is to get to the gym at least 5 days a week.

Dont EVER be intimidated!!! Take it slow... and if your gym is great, they will NEVER let you feel intimated!!! I started working out at my gym 100+ pounds over weight...now I work here, still about 70 pounds over weight and I love it......the only time I feel intimidated is when my self doubt creeps into my head telling me Im not good enough!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
  • Lacole216
    Options
    Don't make a Jan 1st resolution. Make a June 1st resolution. As in, you're going to start going to the gym this week and you're gong to go 3-4 times per week, every week, until June. If you're still going in June, you won't have to make any more resolutions because it will be ingrained in you.

As a bonus, if you're still going in June you can look forward to starting your own "I hate noobs" thread in December

I like this...:smile:
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My hiking club is meeting in the mnorning, Were getting snow now and gonna be about 20 degrees, good day to hike off 8-9 miles :)
  • Larela
    Larela Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't make a Jan 1st resolution. Make a June 1st resolution. As in, you're going to start going to the gym this week and you're gong to go 3-4 times per week, every week, until June. If you're still going in June, you won't have to make any more resolutions because it will be ingrained in you.

I like this way of thinking!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'll be at home doing it like I have been for the past few months. Nobody else needs to hear my skin flapping around when I do a HIIT workout.lol.
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My gym isn't open tomorrow :sad: but I will be exercising somehow, probably a long walk or get my home stepper out.

I was part of last years 'resolutioners' who joined MFP (Jan 2nd) and the gym so I am really pleased to say that it does work for some of us. I feel so much better, fitter and thinner :happy:

Happy New Year to you and hope you do not get crushed at the gym with the January rush :laugh:

Linda
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Actually I'll be running not one but two Road Races on January first. I'll probably be less likely to trip over people than I would at the GYM on NYD.

According to Yelp I was at the GYM 249 times last year which means I ran outside/Did connect fitness 100 days. My workout sheet says I got 349 days of 30+ minutes exercise.

I started January 2nd of last year. January 1st I went to the Patriots game, sat in the TOP TOP TOP level of Gilette and the walk up to our seats almost killed me. I was offered tickets for yesterday's game. Had they been the ****ty 400 section seats I would have taken them just to run up to my seats and laugh.

Instead I stayed home and enjoyed the game from the Warmth of my house and didn't have to wait 2 hours to get out of the parking lot.