How many calories will be Maintenance for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    To stay at 19 - 20% body fat at 126 lbs, I'll shoot for 1950 because I'm still breastfeeding.
  • chocolatecroissant
    chocolatecroissant Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Mine came out at 1530 which doesn't see, very much to me. Infact most other diets suggest 1500 as a dieting amount so I'm a bit confused!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Mine came out at 1530 which doesn't see, very much to me. Infact most other diets suggest 1500 as a dieting amount so I'm a bit confused!

Yes--because I am small-boned and have less ability to pack on the muscle, I gain weight more easily than others who are big-boned and muscular. It sucks, but then my appetite is more petite than theirs when I stay away from addictive wheat and sugar. :smile:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've been fine tuning just how much maintenance should be for the last few months, and have been surprised and pleased with how much I can actually eat. I'd like to eat just a hair over maintenance to support muscle building; not sure I'm quite there yet. I still kind of do the MFP eat-back-the-exercise calories thing, so I generally vary between about 1,600 and 2,100. My average was 1,850/day over the last two months. I'm 5' not-quite-1", 105, and fairly active.

HEY---I think you need to lay off the spinach for awhile--did you know that your face is green??! :happy: :wink: