I absolutely CAN'T live without...

Options

Replies

• FluffnStuff
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts - seriously, I eat them at least 2-3 times a week. SOOOOOO good!

i agree. yummo! we had some last night. i thought there might be left-overs for my lunch this week. nope.

ME TOO! I cannot believe I forgot about those! I started craving them this year for the first time in my life and now I cannot get enough of them! Once I ate so many I actually got heartburn (which I hardly EVER get).

I HATE brussel sprouts with a passion. Do you guys have a good recipe on roasting them. I gag at the thought of steamed ones.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!!! And cheese for sure...oh and potato chips! A sandwich just isn't a sandwich without chips, and I eat both everyday!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts? How do you do that, Id like to try.

Mine are not oven roasted, actually, but more sauteed because I'm usually in too much of a hurry to roast things in the oven. But here's what I do.

Wash the sprouts and then trim off the ends. Slice sprouts in half lengthwise. Trim off any loose or discolored leaves. I toss mine in a bowl with just a hint of olive oil (a tsp will usually go really far on a whole mess of spouts) and some salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then I put them cut-side down in a large frying pan that has been heated over medium heat. When the cut sides get nice and golden brown, I flip 'em over (or just start mixing because I'm too lazy to flip them one by one). Heat for another couple of minutes until the other side is somewhat golden brown and they are soft enough to eat.

This way they will probably be much crunchier than if you are used to having them boiled to death (which was how my family made them). But they should still be tender.

SO GOOD!

*Edit to add link* (I think this is way too much olive oil for my taste, and I tend to skip the cheese--but it is tasty!) http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/goldencrusted-brussels-sprouts-recipe.html
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cayenne...pretty much everything I cook.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I can't live without:

- COFFEE :love:

- English muffins... although I am living without them now that I found out I'm gluten-intolerant :explode:

- Raw almonds

- Popcorn Indiana kettle corn :love:

- Ice cream (I'm 100% addicted- thank goodness I usually have self control!)
  • bethany_85
    Options
    Peanut butter!!! And cheese for sure...oh and potato chips! A sandwich just isn't a sandwich without chips, and I eat both everyday!

Have you tried Pop Chips? They are so good and my new chip obsession. I don't eat chips a lot but I'll go out of my way to get ahold of some Pop Chips.
  • kirra_80
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. I use the less sodium soy sauce, but yep.. I'm always having to restock that particular item all the time!
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    vege mayonnaise, low fat high cal cheddar cheese, peri peri hot sauce, tuna, whole wheat breads, dark choccies .... yummmmmmm!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Coke Zero
    Thomas Bagel Thins (110 cal)
    Sandwich thins
    sauteed onion, green, yellow and red bell peppers
    garlic
    onion
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Cheese (any flavor, doesn't matter!:wink: )
    Skinny Cow ice cream
    Fresh salsa (always been a favorite, but now more so than ever:happy: )
    Food scale :love: :love: :love:
    Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter on Caramel Rice Cakes:heart:
    White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter on Chocolate Rice Cakes:love:

That's all I can think of now, but I have tried so many different things since I started. Oh, I finally eat at Subway! (On the rare occassion we eat "fast food":laugh: ) Used to be that I couldn't stand the smell of the inside of the stores. I've been told that I just was unlucky enough to be near the "worse" stores. Whatever the reason, I can handle it now, and love their Red Wine Vinaigrette!
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    well i cant live with out cheese, wheat thins, brocolli and asparagus!! lol i have to eat these thing almost everyday or else its not a good day!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Laughing Cow Cheese (any flavor, doesn't matter!:wink: )
    Skinny Cow ice cream
    Fresh salsa (always been a favorite, but now more so than ever:happy: )
    Food scale :love: :love: :love:
    Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter on Caramel Rice Cakes:heart:
    White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter on Chocolate Rice Cakes:love:

That's all I can think of now, but I have tried so many different things since I started. Oh, I finally eat at Subway! (On the rare occassion we eat "fast food":laugh: ) Used to be that I couldn't stand the smell of the inside of the stores. I've been told that I just was unlucky enough to be near the "worse" stores. Whatever the reason, I can handle it now, and love their Red Wine Vinaigrette!

What in the world is Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, and White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter??? Sounds AMAZING!! :love:
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    50% reduced sugar white cake and diet cream soda w/ff cream cheese-cool whip frosting.

baked apples w/sugar free caramel

16 bean soup

1c frozen strawberries w/ 1 motts cran apple sauce. blended and frozen. (I split this up into 2-4 servings depending on the time of day I eat it.)

OK where do you find the reduced sugar cake mix...I have been dying to try the soda cake but I really have to watch my processed sugar intake.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    I find that I recently can not live without the following:
    COFFEE
    Special K original
    Jello sugar free dark chocolate pudding cups
    baby carrots
    celery sticks
    whipped cream cheese
    roasted garlic hummus
    skinny cow no sugar added ice cream sandwiches
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Options
    I like Trueheart's Blend Low Sodium Spices. It was made by a chef in Alaska that my mom knows personally. It tastes great on anything. I just rub some into chicken and bake. Thats it!! There is an email address on the label of tntent@gci.net He may be able to ship some.

She's SO not kidding! That stuff is seriously good...We made some chicken the other night and I was trying to remember all the spices that were on the label and then the rest of the "other spices" I just tried to guess :-P It wasn't nearly as good...
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt!

I cannot live without this! It's so filling, thick & creamy! Satisfies hunger, and can't be switched up so many ways! I add low fat granola to it, strawberries, blueberries, fat free whipped topping, & sometimes a few semi-sweet chocolate chips!

Also, I can't live without...Coffee & Pepsi Max!
  • ckurtzweg
    Options
    Fresh mango
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes,,,

Peel & cube 3 or 4 pounds and fill that pan up. Drop in 1/2 a stick of butter and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon. Cover & simmer medium for 45 minutes or so until done - tossing/stirring occasionally. When they start to soften up take grandma's old school tater masher and beat he!! out of 'em. Mmmm good, and even with the butter a big 5oz serving is like 150 cals. :smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussel sprouts? How do you do that, Id like to try.

This is my recipe:

10 Brussel Sprouts (give or take a few)
    1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
    1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 tbsp sliced almonds
    red pepper flakes
    salt

Heat oven to 425*
    Clean and quarter/halve the brussel sprouts (depending on the size), and toss with all the other ingredients. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, stir and continue roasting an additional 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness. Enjoy!

This is just one serving (my husband won't touch them, so I only make them for myself) and the amount of garlic, salt & red pepper totally depends on your taste. I'm having these for dinner tonight. I LOVE them!