400 calorie supper?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon, 1 cup of qinoa, green beans or brussels sprouts or caulifower or whatever other veggie you want. Use a couple Tbsp of salsa as your sauce :)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If I had 400 remaining calories at night- I'd fit in a workout- personally I need more than that for dinner :)

^^This
  • lucretiawithers5
    Options
    I've got black bean soup in the crockpot. Black beans, carrots, celery, bell pepper, zucchini, green chile, fire roasted chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, cilantro, lime juice...spices. I blend it all up with an emersion blender so you don't even notice the veggies. Topped with some shredded cheese and maybe some baked tortilla strips
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Veggies and sliced chicken breast dipped in hummus.

Roast beef sandwich on wheat bread with tomato slices, spinach leaves, and mustard.

Can of Progresso Lentil Soup and sliced chicken breast.

1/2 can garbanzo beans, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, 1 teaspoon Italian dressing.
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    tonight I am eating 2 oz of pasta with 1 serving of beef and eggplant stew for around 375-400 cal.
    Other choices: barley or brown rice, lots of vegetable and a chicken thigh or two
    egg, bread, cheese and banana
    sandwiches on thin bread
    shepherd pie and salad
    salad with blue cheese, pear and nuts
  • nsimms64
    nsimms64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One pot meal: Vigo's yellow rice with saffron, Rotel tomatoes and chilis, yellow corn and chicken (cooked and cubed.) Very filling with a little kick to it. I pack a couple small containers for work lunches.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Grilled ribeye steak.
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Melissa's - Baby Beets, 2.5 beets 40
    Treasure Cave - Crumbled Bleu Cheese, 1 ounce 100
    Fresh Selections - Field Greens, 3 cups 40
    Generic - Avocado 100g , 100

Best salad ever for 280 calories. No dressing required.

120 calories for a glass of wine.... I recommend White Wine, Riesling (9.5% alc.) 120

And if you want to go over for dessert- a pear or banana for another 100...
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would make scrambled eggs with one whole egg, two whites, some light feta cheese, lean ham and as many veggies as you can pack in there. You can have a big filling plate of food for 400 cals and the protein will stick with you :wink:
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I eat several small meals a day, so a 400 calories meal is no problem for me.

My most recent meal was 7 ounces of roasted turkey and 2 cups of steamed broccoli tossed with 1 T. of balsamic vinaigrette.
  • HeatherStorey
    HeatherStorey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a vegetable stir fry with chicken. I got the Krogers frozen mixed veggies (2 cups), used some non-stick spray, a tiny bit of grape sead oil. I cooked the veggies and chicken seperate until the chicken was finished then I mixed it together and added lots of hot spices. 258 calories. Yummy!!!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    All awesome suggestions :) I decided to make supper/ prep for lunch tomorrow so I had grilled haddock, white rice, mixed veggies (carrots, green beans, yellow beans), and a glass of light eggnog (since it's New Years Eve). :)

I only really needed the 400 calories for supper anyways cause the shift I was working requires me to run around more in the morning (burning more calories) and a light supper was all I needed to round off the day since I had a late lunch. Otherwise, I probably would have hit the gym as well (if it was still open lol).

However, keep the suggestions coming cause I may refer back to this thread in later days :P
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just made a stir fry with about 4 oz. chicken, 2 oz. wheat pasta, broccoli, and carrots seasoned with soy sauce, a tsp of dale's seasoning, and topped off with a honey mustard sauce (just mixed mustard with 1.5 tbsp of honey). It was 426 calories, but you can always leave out the honey mustard sauce or the pasta to make it lower calorie :)

This sounds very yummy!
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    soup and bread or soup and salad
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    2 veggies hot dogs no bun (100 cals)
    Carrot dip chips (35 calories)
    Hummus (75ish calories [2 Tbsp.])
    Diet soda or water
    1/2 cup of fat free ice cream (100 calories)

310ish calories! With room for snacks for later :happy:

or

Turkey lunch meat (60 calories for 2 oz)
    Sandwich thins (100 calories)
    Slice of American Cheese (70 calories or less)
    Bbq sauce (60 calories for 2 Tbsp)

290 calories!

Pop the sandwich halves in the oven at 360 degree for a few minutes then put them together and you have heaven!!!!
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    bump for future reference