i need help!!!!!!!!!

I gained alot weight in last few month about 15lb in 4 months,i was 150 now im 165 lb with no reason.
anyone plz help me to track & share the recipe,really wanted to reduce in 3-4 months.
tips & suggestions would be great.

Replies

• merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    I have found what works best is to eat healthy and workout...sounds cliche but when you stick to it, it may take longer but in the long run it does work. I finally stuck with it this year and lost 40 pounds. :)
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    I gained alot weight in last few month about 15lb in 4 months,i was 150 now im 165 lb with no reason.
    anyone plz help me to track & share the recipe,really wanted to reduce in 3-4 months.

I'm with you. I fell completely off track and gained ten pounds in a few months. But that doesn't mean I don't know how to get it done. ;) I've lost almost 100lbs in total.

There are so many tips, suggestions, etc. I can give you. Just let me know if I can help! :) I'm here if you need me!

Best of luck!!!!
  • ok then where &how to start?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Have you tried to use MFP yet? Pick a loss of 1lb a week, follow the calorie limit they give you. Add in exercise a few times a week(whatever you CAN do right now(walking, jogging, etc), and eventually add in more strenuous exercises as you go on). If you do that, and stick to it, you'll lose weight. Not that hard really....
  • NickyLynnDoll
    NickyLynnDoll Posts: 9 Member
    If the gain was not due to super slacking and has come out of the blue, it may be hormonal. If there is an imbalance, it can cause unexpected weight gain. You should definitely have it checked out if that is the case. But, if in fact, it is from super slacking, just get back to your routine and it should self correct. I wish you great success!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Read Forks Over KNives
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Unfortunately, I can't really make any good suggestions based off of what you've said. It could be a bunch of things and it'll be up to you to go to your doctor to make sure it isn't a medical issue or to really take into account what you are eating and how much.

All I can do is suggest you look to make sure your calorie goal is correct, exercise, and make sure to log everything.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    If the gain was not due to super slacking and has come out of the blue, it may be hormonal. If there is an imbalance, it can cause unexpected weight gain. You should definitely have it checked out if that is the case. But, if in fact, it is from super slacking, just get back to your routine and it should self correct. I wish you great success!

This is very true. If you have eaten a lot of sugar and starch as you have packed on the extra calories, if will have damaged your metabolism. If that is so, you will have to "reboot" your system. I am currently on a fast from all forms of fructose--including fruit--for two weeks. Obviously, that means no sugar as well (as sugar is 50% fructose). There is a book called, "The Fat Switch" by cardiologist, Richard J. Johnson, M.D. It is a real eye opener on the dangers of sugar and simple carb consumption. I will NEVER eat sugar again (even though I used to LOVE it--that's how I got to be in poor health). BUT--I am slowly but surely regaining my health from eliminating sugar and wheat from my diet (and adding in three hours of vigorous exercise per week). If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 164 Member
    you need to think back and retrack what changes you made. DId you change your workouts or activity level? What did you change in your nutrition? This is the only way to bounce back out of this. When I hit plateu or suddenly some change occurs, that is what I do and have to go back with what worked for me. Good luck
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    I checked your profile, girl you need FRIENDS!! :) I've noticed a huge difference since I posted on the forums and started adding friends, now I actually log in everyday because I know there are people who are going through the same thing as me and are there for support and advice :)

Sending friend request
  • PikaKnight

This is very true. If you have eaten a lot of sugar and starch as you have packed on the extra calories, if will have damaged your metabolism. If that is so, you will have to "reboot" your system. I am currently on a fast from all forms of fructose--including fruit--for two weeks. Obviously, that means no sugar as well (as sugar is 50% fructose). There is a book called, "The Fat Switch" by cardiologist, Richard J. Johnson, M.D. It is a real eye opener on the dangers of sugar and simple carb consumption. I will NEVER eat sugar again (even though I used to LOVE it--that's how I got to be in poor health). BUT--I am slowly but surely regaining my health from eliminating sugar and wheat from my diet (and adding in three hours of vigorous exercise per week). If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:

OP, just to let you know, you don't have to cut out sugar. I have been successful with my weight loss with getting in exercise, watching my portions and teaching myself to lean towards healthier choices. If I eat sugar or something "not as healthy" - I do so in moderation.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I'll sound like a commercial here, but My Fitness Pal has made this so simplistic and easy for me. Set your weight loss goal, set your lifestyle. Look at what the program tells you to do with your diet. Do it. Add exercise to make the eating part have more wiggle room. Skip exercise and adhere strictly to what the program tells you. Screw up once in a while and move on to the next day.

Honestly, logging my food makes a difference. I log my breakfast and lunch, and then I can see how much 'room' I have left for dinner. Or if I know I'll be having a large dinner, I log it early so I can see what my limit is for lunch. Exercising gives you more calories to work with if you want to.

Support, suggestions, achievents, etc from other people here in the forums is a big help too.
  • SanteMulberry

OP, just to let you know, you don't have to cut out sugar. I have been successful with my weight loss with getting in exercise, watching my portions and teaching myself to lean towards healthier choices. If I eat sugar or something "not as healthy" - I do so in moderation.

LOL. I'm not suggesting that the odd brownie is going to cause immediate death or even that most people cannot lose weight while including a moderate amount of sugar in their diet. I am just reporting on myself and how obesity research bears out what I'm saying. I have found that it is much easier to regain my health (and simultaneously lose body fat) after cutting out sugar entirely. Sugar consumption, like alcohol consumption makes burning body fat more difficult (there's lots of research that demonstrates this) but it is certainly not impossible.
  • PikaKnight
    I'll sound like a commercial here, but My Fitness Pal has made this so simplistic and easy for me. Set your weight loss goal, set your lifestyle. Look at what the program tells you to do with your diet. Do it. Add exercise to make the eating part have more wiggle room. Skip exercise and adhere strictly to what the program tells you. Screw up once in a while and move on to the next day.

Honestly, logging my food makes a difference. I log my breakfast and lunch, and then I can see how much 'room' I have left for dinner. Or if I know I'll be having a large dinner, I log it early so I can see what my limit is for lunch. Exercising gives you more calories to work with if you want to.

Support, suggestions, achievents, etc from other people here in the forums is a big help too.

^This I'll back every time :D
  • I know exactly how you feel.

A month in hospital, feeling sorry for myself as well as bored out of my skin had me hitting the snacks.On top of all that, well meaning relatives and friends were bringing me takeaways in most days because they know how much I hate hospital food (in the UK hospital food is infamous, second only to prison food in unpopularity!). I ended up gaining back the 10lbs I'd worked so har to lose (being paraplegic, a motorised wheelchair user with pain and breathing difficulties meant I had to dig hard to lose the 10!)
    I am so angry with myself, but hope it will motivate me to dig even harder.

I've restarted the intermittent fasting (five days eat normally, two days have one meal of 400-500 cal and water or black tea/coffee for rest of time) and this time two friends as well as my husband have joined me. It is helping enormously! We are not in competition, but are supporting and cheering each other on. I agree with the other posters, get one or tow people close to you who have your best interests at heart and go for it. And, if you want support from anyone here, just keep posting...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

I eat sugar every day...I assure you...it is not evil

OP
    eat right
    work hard
    repeat
  • SanteMulberry

I eat sugar every day...I assure you...it is not evil

OP
    eat right
    work hard
    repeat

Didn't say it was evil--just not wise to eat it if you want to get more fit/healthier faster.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member

The short answer is eat less move more..

but the kind answer is think of how you want to be, the clothes you want to wear, the shape you want to be?

It is all so `do able` not a word I know lol.

Tomorrow is a new day..plan today what you are going to eat and log it in your MFP diary then throw in some exercise x
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Logging food will help you get a grip on how much you're actually eating, and how many calories your favourite foods have. It can be quite a shock!

The other great thing about logging is that it really motivates you to exercise because you can "buy" more food.

Honestly, keep to your calorie limit and exercise (cardio and strength / resistance) and you will see results. It was slow for me, about 6 months to lose 20lbs, but sustainable and worth it!
  • PikaKnight
    This is cutting edge research. Dr. Johnson, in addition to being a cardiologist is head of the renal division at the University of Colorado Medical Center. He teams up with a number of researchers in various medical disciplines.

That's great. But what the others are asking are for links that back up his research. It's great that you read his book...but have you looked at other research or did you just go off what the book told you?