i need help!!!!!!!!!

2»

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    To joylia & aroundthemulb

too much sugar in your diet is not good not been really watching the argument..lol x either way that is my answer
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I gained alot weight in last few month about 15lb in 4 months,i was 150 now im 165 lb with no reason.
    anyone plz help me to track & share the recipe,really wanted to reduce in 3-4 months.
    tips & suggestions would be great.

To the OP...sorry about taking over your thread like that. But as it's been said, find out what your TDEE is supposed to be, log everything you eat and I'd suggest logging your exercise. Give your body about 2-3 weeks to adjust and then review how you are doing :)
  • I am in the same boat now! I gained more than 20 pounds during the last two years! I am going through a menopause and my body is storing the food I eat as fat instead of burning it! I believe I just need to be really truly committed to lose the pounds by focusing on my calories and my physical activities! so now I just joined the myfitnesspal and I am going to keep track of my calories on daily basis and exercise 3-4 times a week (walking for at least 40minutes)
    When I was younger losing weight was never a concern, first because I was in perfect shape and second I used to lose weight if I for some reason missed one meal !!
    Now is the time to take my weight seriously! I am ready to lose 20 pounds by taking not more than 1500 calories a day, and exercise three to four times a week. I am vegetarian and I eat healthy diet since day one that is made of lots of green veggies, fruits, nuts, and once a week a piece of Salmon.
    I am going to cut on sugar and flour. Any food that has sugar is a no no except fruits. Also no breads, rice, or any food that made of flour or has flour in it! It's called "no sugar no flour diet" This will help cutting the cravings!
    stay focus, stay strong, it is not easy but it can be done!
    I wish everyone on this site best of luck!
  • Hey, I lost 14kg in 3 months just by logging what I eat and weighing food on digital scales. Having an open diary that others can see really helps also. Lots of exercise and heaps of supportive friends too. Will power helps to :), anyone is more than welcome to add me, the more friends the better the journey
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I gained alot weight in last few month about 15lb in 4 months,i was 150 now im 165 lb with no reason.
    anyone plz help me to track & share the recipe,really wanted to reduce in 3-4 months.

Start with setting up your MFP goals. I'd advise you to set it to lose approximately 1 lb per week max for now. Eat all the calories you are allotted but not more. Work on integrating a reasonable exercise program into your weekly routine. Being too ambitious with your weight goals or restrictive with your food goals can set you up to fail. It's better to take your time and keep your weight off forever than to continue to yo-yo diet.

You do not have to stress about cutting out any specific food items. Just keep whatever you eat within your calorie budget.

Don't make things harder than it has to be, and you'll find success.
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    I was on myfitnesspal for 10 months.Eating only the calories I was suppose to and exercising and lost and gained the same 5 pounds over and over.I had tremendose stress and think that is a big factor when trying to lose weight because sress produces to much cortisol.
    I tried 12 weeks ago Time Fasting.Eat Breakfast, lunch and dinner every other day but on the fast day drink water,coffee or tea and eat supper. When exercising do both Cardio and strength. I have lost 15 pounds,15 inches and dropped almost 2 pants sizes.
    The benefits of an every other fast is the increase in growth hormones to preserve muscle during the mini fasts,you reduce the insulin levels (insulin stores sugar and fat in fat cells).since less being stored in fat cells it now needs to burn fat for fuel.
    the pancrease stores and produces glueagon,it is being produced faster to break up fat cells because the insulin level has decreased. The andrenal glands kick out the bad stress hormones cortisol and norepinephrine.
    My blood pressure went down to normal also.
    It might not be for everyone but it did work for me and I still make sure I keep right at the 1240 calories on the eat days.Then on the fast day I eat a very good supper of 600 calories.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    ok then where &how to start?

Lay off the refined sugar/white flour foods. Eat lots of leafy greens and other non starchy vegetables. Whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats are important. Control intake and get moving. You can eat the yummy 'bad' stuff occasionally, it just can't be the rule anymore.

No secret recipe to lose weight, just common sense.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    I'll sound like a commercial here, but My Fitness Pal has made this so simplistic and easy for me. Set your weight loss goal, set your lifestyle. Look at what the program tells you to do with your diet. Do it. Add exercise to make the eating part have more wiggle room. Skip exercise and adhere strictly to what the program tells you. Screw up once in a while and move on to the next day.

Honestly, logging my food makes a difference. I log my breakfast and lunch, and then I can see how much 'room' I have left for dinner. Or if I know I'll be having a large dinner, I log it early so I can see what my limit is for lunch. Exercising gives you more calories to work with if you want to.

Support, suggestions, achievents, etc from other people here in the forums is a big help too.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    It's simple...eat less...move more...drink more water...:bigsmile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    OP: apologies for being involved in the derailment of your thread. You can read everyone's comments about sugar and make our own conclusions. If you decide not to follow the route of following the unsupported advice to give up sugar, I would suggest you have a look at this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it. It has other links in it which may help.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    tumblr_mbdvimA3Wr1r4t7nto1_500.gif

LOL---over-the-top emotionalism is somewhat amusing but not enlightening.

Neither is anything you've said.

All you've done is promote a book and hijack this thread entirely away from what the OP asked. You've completely derailed this thread and contributed absolutely nothing but pages and pages of dribble.

Start your own sugar thread.

I have done that already. You are just as guilty as I of "hijacking" the thread (my apologies to the OP but I really was trying to make a suggestion that I thought would help). "Pages and pages of dribble" when I merely cited a book that details lots of interesting research? Sad.
  • SanteMulberry
    ok then where &how to start?

Lay off the refined sugar/white flour foods. Eat lots of leafy greens and other vegetables. Whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats are important. Control intake and get moving.

No secret recipe to lose weight, just common sense.

Now this I would agree with. :happy: Most of us cannot afford to consume the empty calories represented by sugar and white flour while on a diet to reduce body fat. Empty calories crowd out nourishing food when one restricts calories at the same time--it is common sense, isn't it?
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member

YOu didn't gain weight for "NO REASON" you gained weight because you consumed more than you burned. Someone said something about it being hormonal. How can you build fat from nothing? You need extra calories to build fat cells. So it's not hormonal either.

I think when someone said 'hormonal' they meant either having to do with the woman's period, which almost always causes you to gain 3-5 pounds of water retention. Or perimenopausal, which causes many women to suddenly gain 10-50 pounds due to a drastic change in metabolism that comes on suddenly and is almost impossible to keep up with.

Obviously, it's not 'for no reason'. But it sure as hell feels like it. You eat and exercise in exactly the same way...one year that keeps you at a steady weight, and the next year without changing your habits you start gaining weight very quickly. Hormones suck.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Commit to be fit. You need to log everything you eat. Do what ever exercise you can to MOVE. Walk, dance, sex, cook, clean. I like to dance, my dog thinks Im playing with her, I dance for 20+ mins and sweat for 45 mins or more. Just jam. I enjoy walking her around the block. Save for sex, most of my moving is about my Dog. She rescued me the day I drove 600 miles round trip to rescue her from the nastiest shelter you have ever seen. The rescue went both ways. Now as I said she is a big part of me moving.

I am looking to find out about joining a swim club. I will walk in the shollow end for 60 mins. Dr. said it would help my knees.

If you stilll need help, feel free to friend me.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 127 Member
    Hello MyFitnessPals,

I would like to remind those who participate in the MyFitnessPal community of the following guideline

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you feel that a series of posts are in violation of this guideline please report it and do not add fuel to the fire. If you do not agree with a suggestion, take solace in knowing that it is common knowledge that although there are some trained medical professionals that offer clinically substantiated thoughts, most users are just people that want to help. So please agree or disagree politely and leave it, if you would like to intensely debate a topic or suggestion, do so in a group, private message or a new topic (but do so politely).

Regards,

Tom
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • atthebeach08
    atthebeach08 Posts: 63 Member
    PU_239 I didnt do a full fast and ate supper every single night. Like I said some can't do it.I would never miss a whole day of eating.The beauty of this is my fast isn't started until after I have dinner at 6pm. The next 14 hours I wouldnt of eaten anyway as I don't snack and then am asleep.If you don't like breakfast like me it is even a bigger plus. All in all the hard part is around noonish to 6pm but I know I can eat a very good dinner. During those 6 hours lots of my water is consumed and I can concentrate on exercising and my metabolism has been much improved. It was just a suggestion,to pass on to try as it worked for me.:wink:
  • SanteMulberry
    Commit to be fit. You need to log everything you eat. Do what ever exercise you can to MOVE. Walk, dance, sex, cook, clean. I like to dance, my dog thinks Im playing with her, I dance for 20+ mins and sweat for 45 mins or more. Just jam. I enjoy walking her around the block. Save for sex, most of my moving is about my Dog. She rescued me the day I drove 600 miles round trip to rescue her from the nastiest shelter you have ever seen. The rescue went both ways. Now as I said she is a big part of me moving.

I am looking to find out about joining a swim club. I will walk in the shollow end for 60 mins. Dr. said it would help my knees.

If you stilll need help, feel free to friend me.

I have joined an "aquacize" group especially designed for people with arthritis and other joint problems at our local public pool---it does amazing things for your joints. Some people in the group have been coming for nearly twenty years after their arthritis diagnosis and are still getting around well (and have avoided joint replacement surgery). I do several things besides the water exercise. I have given up sugar and wheat, and I take herbal anti-infammatories like turmeric (the yellow powder in curries), boswellia (bark from the boswellia tree), and bromelain (from the pineapple plant). I also take glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM in combination. My thought is that you need the exercise to "drive" the "nutriceuticals" to where they will do the most good. I improved significantly when I started the herbs but I improved even more when I started the water exercise. My joints haven't felt so good since I was a teenager (of course, the weight loss I have experienced has helped too). :smile: