Any breakfast suggestions???

Options
2»

Replies

• RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Spinache egg quiches are quick and easy to make and have a million variations. Great to make in advance. Spray 12 muffin tins and fill, cook and then freeze. Easy to microwave for a few seconds each to warm and easy to take and eat. Only 50 calories for veggie each or add your choice of ham or turkey sausage for a little extra flavor and just a few more calories.

3 eggs (or a 1/2 cup of egg whites, or 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute)
    1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    3/4 low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1 dash tabasco sauce (optional)

cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy,

I love this idea!
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt with honey or you could add frozen or fresh berries as well, But lately, I've been into eating a whole wheat waffle with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it., then fold in half and its easy to take. But you could also do that with whole wheat bread.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oats, protein power & water. All in a shaker. Cheap, easy, tasty & quick. Ain't fancy but does the job and fills you up till lunch:)
    Dan, I like your style!
    Sometimes when I can sit for a nice meal, I just like to keep things simple and fast.

Thanks :) I used to eat 3 nuked eggs every morning but was hungry by 1030 and they are so messy to clear up too! with oats/pro/water its just easy, job done and out the door. Scrubbing tupperware boxes at 730am? Too much effort for me haha.
    I hear that!
    There just isn't always time.
    My issue with supplements is that I do not trust the label claims.
    I use some, but I'd much rather have whole food alternatives.
    It's nice to find some brands that enact solid quality control.
    Cheap is not always best.
    Anyway, they do help with a fast, healthy breakfast.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and banana in a cup to go. Toast with peanut butter. Egg sandwich to go: microwave some egg whites and cheese and toss it on some bread or in a wrap to go.

all that sounds good to me!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    Me too! I look forward to breakfast every morning, and not just because I'm hungry. I don't like to spend too much time on making breakfast so I usually have oatmeal (old fashioned rolled oats, steel cut or my fave, Three Sisters Plain Grain) with a little soy milk, couple tablespoons of flaxmeal, and banana slices. The bananas give the oatmeal all the sweetness I need so I don't add any sweetener. In hot weather, I like Barbara's Multigrain Spoonfuls with berries and skim milk. Once in a while I will make an egg white and veggie omelette.
  • LeslieW77
    LeslieW77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I make what my famiy calls a "Leslie omelette" every morning, varying it based on my mood and what my lunchtime schedule looks like. Basically, it's 1 or 2 eggs, 1 cup frozen veggies (I usually do brocolli, cauliflower, or asparagus, but any will do) stirred up in a microwave container. I sprinkle this with 1 - 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese and cook it for about 4 minutes. Like I said, I vary it quite a bit - sometimes 1 egg, but with some leftover meat diced up, sometimes sprinkle in some tarragon or another spice, sometimes replace the parmesan with a little grated cheddar or mozzarella. I'm a protein-eater, and can't stand anything sweet in the mornings, and have found this will hold me until my fruit or cheese snack mid-morning.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal, egg whites, pecans, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and stevia in the mornings for breakfast. I cook the oatmeal normal then then cook the egg whites then mix them together. I need the protein.

God bless,
    Karen
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything worse than having drive-thru every morning...you're really missing out! I find breakfast to be my favourite meal of the day. It's so quick and easy to have cereal or heat up a bowl of quick oats and add some banana.

breakfast is my favorite meal too. I love smoothies (1 cup fresh or frozen fruit, 3/4 cup of milk, some ice and a handful or two of spinach) I made the 2 ingredient banana pancake (which I heard you can make a big batch and freeze then toss in the micro for 45 secs) that recipe is just one decent sized banana with two large whole eggs and mash and mix until it is a mostly smooth texture then cook like you would regular pancakes (I also added 1/2 cup of oats before cooking), I don't eat pork but scrambled eggs with mushrooms spinach and a slice of cheese with some fresh fruits only takes about 8 minutes.
  • JenniJuice
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Lots of great ideas that I am going to try. I love oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, eggs, ect. I am going to have to get up a bit earlier and have breakfast at home so that I can keep driving past McD's!!!! I have given them way too much of my money :laugh:
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    Great suggestions! I'm a huge fan of Quest Bars. You can get them on Amazon, their own site and also at GNC. 20 grams of protein and keeps me full. LOVE them! PB&J are my favorite, but all flavors are yummy.
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Spinache egg quiches are quick and easy to make and have a million variations. Great to make in advance. Spray 12 muffin tins and fill, cook and then freeze. Easy to microwave for a few seconds each to warm and easy to take and eat. Only 50 calories for veggie each or add your choice of ham or turkey sausage for a little extra flavor and just a few more calories.

3 eggs (or a 1/2 cup of egg whites, or 3/4 cup liquid egg substitute)
    1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped green pepper
    3/4 low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    1 dash tabasco sauce (optional)

cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy,

I am so going to try this!!! Thanks!!!
  • Momiofour
    Momiofour Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm a bagel thin with light cream cheese and a cup of coffee kind of gal. The bagel is easy to eat in the car and if you find the bagel thin with high fiber, it is really filling and gets your body to wake up. Dont forget to drink water!!!
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Morningstar Farms makes some tasty vegetarian breakfast sausage variations that heat up quick in the microwave. (I'm not a vegetarian, i just like having options) They pack a lot of protein into a pretty low calorie serving. They'd be great in a breakfast sandwich, or mixed into an egg scramble.