Any 20 somethings out there?

Options

Replies

• sassy15241
    sassy15241 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 25 and would like some more friends! I work full time and go to school full time!

Add me if you'd like!

Sharon
  • Kayleylou89
    Options
    Hi!!! :)
    I am 23 and 2013 is my year!!
    I will be more then happy to support you x
  • MsJuneT
    Options
    I'm 28, a mother of 2 young girls, and almost at my goal. I just joined leaving Calorie Count. I could use friends and support.
  • Jj311
    Jj311 Posts: 14
    Options
    Im 25 and looking for some support as well!!! Feel Free to add me!!! :D 2013 is my year
  • allew48
    allew48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I'm 25 yrs old, just started using my fitness pal seriously, after trying sparkpeople, and doing weight watchers last year. A little about me: I am a physical therapist, engaged, planning a small backyard wedding in August. I live w/ my fiance and our doggy in our own home. I have always fluctuated in my weight for as long as I can remember. I do believe I carry it well, having the proportions of your typical hourglass figure, at 5'5" my waist stays small but I tend to gain evenly throughout. Last year I did weight watchers and went from 182 lbs down to 145 in around 4 months. Unfortunately I went off program and gain 12 lbs back. I am here starting at 157, hoping to lose 10-15 lbs by March for vacation, with the ultimate goal of reaching 130lbs by June.

I have been trying to cut back on bread, pasta, cereal, and grains, getting my carbohydrates from oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, small servings of root vegetables and squash, and increasing my protein intake. I am also doing the insanity program and have completed the first week.

I have use boards and the past and found great success from giving/getting support and seeing others around me achieve goals is such great motivation.
  • allew48
    Options
    I have been doing great this week, with the exception of last night, we had a party for my inlaws anniversary and I went way overboard with food, eating so much I felt like all I wanted to do was curl up in the fetal position and die. Today I feel awful! I know you should not zig zag calories to make up for bad days, but I feel like I want to eat nothing all day to make up for it. I may eat fruits and vegetables all day and sip some dieters tea to help get rid of this awful distended feeling I'm having this morning. I want to work out, but I think I need this rest day from insanity so I can power through next week.
  • Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 trying to lose bout 20lb before I reassess my goal.

Feel free to add me x
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. Trying to lose 50 lbs and then re examine if I want to lose more or if I'm happy there. -50 would put me in the healthy range for my height/age. Was a chubby kid, and a slim teenager. Between college and my ex who loved to eat alot, I gained a lot of weight. Lost the 50, gained it back, and now am trying to lose it again for good! I'm missing out on way too many cute clothes!
    Feel free to ad me!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am 22. Feel free to add me (just say where you found me from please!).
  • happypopmelon
    Options
    HI everyone, I'm 25 yrs old, just started using my fitness pal seriously, after trying sparkpeople, and doing weight watchers last year. A little about me: I am a physical therapist, engaged, planning a small backyard wedding in August. I live w/ my fiance and our doggy in our own home. I have always fluctuated in my weight for as long as I can remember. I do believe I carry it well, having the proportions of your typical hourglass figure, at 5'5" my waist stays small but I tend to gain evenly throughout. Last year I did weight watchers and went from 182 lbs down to 145 in around 4 months. Unfortunately I went off program and gain 12 lbs back. I am here starting at 157, hoping to lose 10-15 lbs by March for vacation, with the ultimate goal of reaching 130lbs by June.

I have been trying to cut back on bread, pasta, cereal, and grains, getting my carbohydrates from oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, small servings of root vegetables and squash, and increasing my protein intake. I am also doing the insanity program and have completed the first week.

I have use boards and the past and found great success from giving/getting support and seeing others around me achieve goals is such great motivation.

omg u have the same life and goals as me!! im 24 nearly 25, own home, live here with boyfriend, dog and cats, going to oz in march, started at 154lb and want to be 130lbs too. i'm totally adding you lol x
  • mspinknblack85
    Options
    Hey I am Ana i am 27 years old. I am fairly new to this and would love to meet new people . Ive always been up and down with my weight. Ive never been that stick skinny girl and im alright with that, but i def would not mind losing 30 lbs just to get more healthy and more active. I hate feeling tired and sick all the time, im ready to get that energy back in to my life.
  • allew48
    Options
    That is hysterical! Where are you from, I live in upstate New York. I have always been the person who has wanted to lose weight but have only been successful a fraction of the times I have attempted. My freshman year of college I gained the freshman 15 and then some, successfully went from 165 to 125 in a few months of strict diet and exercise. Then grad school happened and I gained and lost here and there. Last year, hitting my highest weight of 182 I got down to 145.

The thing for me is that I have always felt like I needed to lose weight, but the only times I have really done it is after an "aha!" moment where I realized I needed to change. The first aha moment was going though my closet to get rid of things I couldn't wear and ending up with a nearly empty closet. Last year it was finding out that my blood pressure was pre-hypertensive.

This year, after a day of gorging and feeling terrible I laid awake late at night thinking about my vacation in March and being afraid of being on the beach in an illfitting bathing suit. I remembered all the clothes I bought and wore last summer that I would not be able to wear on vacation, and dreaded it because I do not have the money to buy more outfits that fit. So here I am again, feeling empowered, ready for real, long-term success and not just another pathetic failed attempt at changing my life.

Has anyone else experience one of these, "aha!" moments? What was it?
  • KupCake0720
    Options
    hey i'm 23 and trying to loose 39lbs, feel free to add me.
  • Schneeglockchen
    Options
    Turned 23 just this month! Add me as well! =)
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    26. anyone here feel free to add me
  • jess0105
    jess0105 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hiiii, I'm 20 :) Used to be very slim but have stuggled over the past couple of years. Seemed to have jumped from a UK size 10 to 14 and miss size 12 out completely! Decided last year I needed to do something about it, lost 19 lbs and a dress size then injured my lower back and put it all back on. Now I've pretty much healed I'm looking to get back on track with MFP! Hoping to lose about 40 lbs :) feel free to add me anybody since I have no friends on here xxx
  • Dottydotdot
    Options
    21--Anyone can add me I'm a support machine :))
  • LiveYourLife163
    Options
    I'm 22. :] Feel free to add me, everyone!
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and need to lose 40 more pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 23 yo Brit, but living abroad in Germany right now. My weight has crept up over the years and I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years at the beginning of the summer (my weight gain being part of the reason). I realised I needed to lose the weight for myself, nothing to do with him - so I could have confidence and be happy on my own. So already I've lost around 14 pounds but I'd like to lose another stone (so 14lbs) and then keep at that weight!

I've joined a gym here (Fitness First - it's awesome) and am really enjoying it - I do classes mainly like abs and hot iron but I need to make sure this exercise becomes part of my routine and I don't slip when I reach my weight goal!

Feel free to add me, I've been a member for a while but going to get serious about using myfitnesspal

We can all motivate each other - here's to a fab 2013!