Any Chunky Runners Out There?

Options

Replies

• gonecrazywith4
    Options
    chunky runner here too :) Training for my first half (well first run EVER) in January! (Disney Tink)
    Melissa
  • ingibjorgin
    ingibjorgin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi !

Yeah, I´m a chunky runner for sure. Started running almost exactly a year ago. Last Winter I ran rain, shine, snow always three times a week. Then I fell off the Wagon and in the Fall I was good if I managed one run a week. Now New Year new me, lets hope. My goal is to run 10k in August. I can run 5k without dying, but no more than that, I´m sort of stuck there. Need motivation and advice and can perhaps give one in return. So add me if you like.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im chunky and im starting to train myself to run . i have a few runs i would like to participate in this year , one being in march for an 8k .. my goal is not to come in last place lol
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out as walking is becoming too easy now... But I'm still a little shy about it.. :embarassed:
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    me! working up to 10k in may. gone from barely managing to walk/run 3k to doing almost 7 with most of it jogging. loving it once i'm up and running but it's an effort to get me out the door. it's not a pretty sight tho...but i don't care
  • Emma_V
    Emma_V Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Defiantly a chunky runner here! Starting c25km next week - should be less chunky by the end. Add me if you want to.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Add me in!!! I am looking to get back into running and would love the tips and motivation!! Thanks a bunch :)
  • Grandmasboy2852
    Options
    Man, this topic had my name all over it... then I looked at all the people replying and the original poster... I guess I need to look for posts about Obese Runners. Cuz if you guys are chunky... man It's not looking good for me at 255. haha
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I sure used to be but I am pretty much at goal weight. My whole story is in my profile but that is beside the point. I run 30 to 40 miles a week and currently training for the tobacco road marathon on march 17th. I also have a half marathon scheduled on Feb 2nd. Add me if you want to. I love talking about running and will try to keep you motivated!
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Man, this topic had my name all over it... then I looked at all the people replying and the original poster... I guess I need to look for posts about Obese Runners. Cuz if you guys are chunky... man It's not looking good for me at 255. haha

:) When I started running I weighed over 70 lbs more then my current weight-just 20 to go now.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i fit in here..ran my first half in 2010 and training for my second one began last night with a short run!! feel free to add me! i could use all the extra motivation and support!!
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm not a great runner but I am a chunky one! ...considering running my 2nd half marathon this year... x
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    oooh over here! me! me! am not nearly as chunky as I used to be, but I finished my first marathon at 231lbs and if you're looking for someone who knows the trials and tribulations (and the joys and exultation) that come with long distance running while packing on the extra pounds I'm your gal!
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am a trying to lose my chunky by running runner :bigsmile: i finished C25K and have run two 5Ks, just started C210K and working my way up to my first half marathon in september- eeeeek!! i could always use good peeps in my corner :smile:
  • daisyjen10
    Options
    Me me! I'm not really a runner yet. But I aspire to be! I'll add you!! :)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Chunky runner here, working on becoming less chunky and love running so far.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    <---- This girl!
  • cynthiatwayne
    Options
    Yep, chunky runner here too....tired of being asked by "thin" runners, "are you a new runner"? No I'm just a fat marathoner thank you very much!

LOL
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Chunky runner here! Hoping to run off more chunk this year!
  • dellis83
    dellis83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Chunky runner here! Training for my first half marathon this spring and first full marathon this fall!

Total running nerd: I read a ton of articles / magazines so if anyone needs advice / feedback or encouragement, feel free to add me!

Any nike+ users, feel free to add me there too! Same screen name.