Sickest you've ever been

Options
sm1zzle
sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
I'm sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection for like a week now...

What's the sickest you've ever been and how long were you out of comission for ?

Replies

• sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had much illness but I would say the worst thing health wise that happened was a post partum heammorhage after the birth of my second child, I lost 1.7 litres of blood, apart from that the flu is the worst I have had. Hope you feel better soon !
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I've been real sick. Probably 7 or 8 years. It was food poisoning. Stuff coming out of both ends at the same time. Not pretty. Ugh. Only lasted a few days that I can remember, but I never want to be in that position again.
  • TattedCharli
    TattedCharli Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    about 3 years ago I had bronchitis, sinus infection, ear infection and pnuemonia. I had never been so sick in my life! Dont remember being out of commission long though, I have 2 kids. lol! Hope you feel better fast!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    in my early twenties i got strep throat. i was out for 5 days, delirious with fever. my temp was over 106. the only reason i didnt go to the emergency room was because my room mate was stoned the whole time and my parents were out of town. it sucked. i remember dreaming some really f*cked up stuff.

hope you get better soon.. sleep is very restorative...
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine was my appendix... I was on a date when my appendix started to burst. Date had to take my to hospital and called my parents. I was only 16 and scared to death.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Stomach virus last year. I probably should have went to the hospital and gotten some IV fluids between the fever and GI stuff! My lips were tingling afterwards (a sign of electrolyte imbalances). I'm sure my labs would have been all over the place!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Diabetic ketoacidosis with blood sugar over 1000, pneumonia, fever over 105, and a collapsed lung all at the same time. Was in the hospital for three weeks.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    "Infection" means you need meds/antibiotics. To the doctor/clinic with you!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Kidney infection in college, hospitalized for a week. It sucked big hairy balls. :sick:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Had Mono when I was a Junior in HS. Couldn't eat, felt constantly nauseaus, constantly tired, etc. I will say though that it was probably the best diet I was ever on! I think I lost about 20 lbs! LOL
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Swine flu in 2009. It took me a month to get over it and I had to use inhalers every 3 hours for 2 weeks, even at night, just to breathe. It was horrible! I have not missed a flu shot since. Actually I just got over this years flu and it was also type A but not near as bad as that swine flu was.
    Food poisoning a few years back taught me to NEVER order food at a restaurant that also sells bait. I was veryyy ill for a week with that.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Probably grade 1 when I had the whopping cough for a month, and a week later I caught it again for another month. Yeah...that wasn't fun....
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Gall bladder disease...not diagnosed or removed for 15 months. Best weight loss plan ever. Sucks in ever other way.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    the sickest i've been is if i miss a med i'm on right now i'll do good then bam it hits and i cural into the fetuse position until i get my med it sucks but one day i wont need it i hope
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    three years ago I had pnemonia really bad. I was in bed for 10 days. I only got up to go to the bathroom. I felt horrible my fever wouldn't break 104 - 105 degrees. I took the pnemonia shot last year, still had a mild case last year but nothing like three years ago. I don't want to ever be that sick again! I'm praying since I'm in better physical conditon 56 lbs down I won't be sick like that this year. Feel better really soon take care of yourself!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    tonsillitis ...3 weeks, antibiotics and water
    couldn't breathe properly either (broken nose, blocked throat because of swollen tonsils)
    only took 5days to go from a sore throat to the worst case of tonsillitis the dr said he'd ever seen. I cried because I'd missed my exam and I was so ready for it !

when I was getting better I tried to eat meat and choked...put me off food and couldn't eat properly for another 3week...lots loads of weight :bigsmile: and put it all on again.
    Now every time I get a sore throat I have to book a dr. appointment asap
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wasn't terribly ill, but I had a strange case of chicken pox in my early 20s that lasted about 3 months.

It's so reassuring when you go to the doctor and they say, "It LOOKS like chicken pox, but I've never seen it quite like this before." Instead of getting all the hives at once, I got them in waves. So some were healed, some were raging, some were just starting, all at once.

The funny thing is, when I had it, I didn't know where I got it and didn't know anyone who had it. I didn't catch it when my friends had it in grammar school. I even tried to catch it when my niece had it over the summer when I was about 12 and she was 3 years old. My mom thought it would be good to get it when there was no school and while I was still young enough to not get it bad.

I got it bad all right. Still have some scars. :ohwell:
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had food poisoning about a month ago and it was the worst I've ever had and a few weeks before that my ear drum was perforated and that was pretty bad- I lost my hearing in one ear for several weeks and my balance was terrible.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    6 years ago I had bronchitis/pneumonia, the coughing was so bad that I pulled the muscles along my side. It hurt to breathe let alone cough.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Uggghhhh... I had food poisoning and I literally thought I was going to die. Fever,chills,nausea and vomiting. That was 10 years ago