Fat Burners

Options
Any suggestions for a good fat burner to take? For women?
Ive taken phentermine and lipo sear in the past.
The phentermine made me kind of moody and the lipo sear made me sick to my stomach.

I know what some of you will say- do it all natural, but I want to take a fat burner so please only make comments towards that.

Thanks for the suggestions!! :))

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The phentermine made me kind of moody and the lipo sear made me sick to my stomach.

I know what some of you will say- do it all natural, but I want to take a fat burner so please only make comments towards that.

green tea
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Tell you what, if you are determined to ignore science and reason and take a snake oil and potentially unhealthy product, give me 10 bucks and I'll hand you a cup of coffee a day and tell you it is my magical "weight loss" brown juice......
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Somebody said it well the other day. Table push backs, fork put downs, mouth closers, etc. There's no magic pill that burns fat, you burn fat by eating less and doing more.
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the comments I asked for!!

I am not looking for a magic pill- I am 2 pounds shy of losing 40 lbs. I am very determined and do all the right things. I would just like to try something different.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    not that im advocating it and we all know that it can potentially put you into cardiac arrest but ephedra is back on the market
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lots of weight training and high protein and a moderate calorie deficit. Pills just don't work.
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

green tea

Ive heard Green Tea is really good :)) Thanks!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    weight lifting
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is good, but does nothing for burning fat...fyi.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    not that im advocating it and we all know that it can potentially put you into cardiac arrest but ephedra is back on the market

WHat!!!!!!!!!??? really? since when? whats it in?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.... not little dumbells, heavy weights.

No pill can make you burn fat faster or better than you can by exercise and calorie control.
  • tashiaberman
    tashiaberman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My mother is taking green tea or green coffee bean extract capsules and claims that it is actually helping her lose weight. I know she has been dieting for a long time with the same difficulty I have encountered, so she was surprised that it actually helped.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    weight lifting
    /thread
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Take one of these once a day.

kettlebells.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on trading off effort for chemicals! your results will surely reflect the shortcuts! Way to go! Woohoo!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thank you to the comments I asked for!!

I am not looking for a magic pill- I am 2 pounds shy of losing 40 lbs. I am very determined and do all the right things. I would just like to try something different.

So what you're doing is working, but you want to try something different. In particular, a pill.

Makes sense.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You already seem defensive OP, and I'm not quite sure I follow the logic of "I've been doing things healthy and it's worked; let me go to potentially dangerous pills which are known to backfire," but... seriously. Lifting heavy will actually burn fat for you.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on trading off effort for chemicals! your results will surely reflect the shortcuts! Way to go! Woohoo!

haha, and this is why we are friends!
This discussion has been closed.