• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I don't make resolutions so much as I just like crossing sht off

^^ THIS
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't see what relevance a calendar year has to my behavior. As a time frame, I often use ending at the new year, but I start things when I know I need to start them because I think waiting until New Years is just giving yourself an excuse to put off what you know you ought to do.

south-park-smug-313-z31vfv.gif

I don't drive, can I have a new South Park gif please. And don't half *kitten* it, I want to be mocked with animation!!
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    What difference is there if you make resolutions or not....both camps aren't gonna follow through at the end.
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    omg smugdog so cute! Stealing it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I don't. I don't see what relevance a calendar year has to my behavior. As a time frame, I often use ending at the new year, but I start things when I know I need to start them because I think waiting until New Years is just giving yourself an excuse to put off what you know you ought to do.

south-park-smug-313-z31vfv.gif

I don't drive, can I have a new South Park gif please. And don't half *kitten* it, I want to be mocked with animation!!

i don't have one...

stich_zps50b87bd0.gif
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I also surprise myself and do something epic occasionally and then add it to my list just so I can cross that off like Id been trying to get it done for years.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if people don't make them for themselves, but the "smugness" comes in when other people talk about their resolutions and people reply with "What's the point"?
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

This. Every morning I wake up, I am able to implement change. I don't need a turn of another calendar year to make that decision.

And my husband will tell you I am not smug, I am a b!tch :laugh:
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm more one of those people that change something when change is needed and when I'm ready to commit to it. That rarely happens to land on Jan. 1st.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less if people don't make them for themselves, but the "smugness" comes in when other people talk about their resolutions and people reply with "What's the point"?

you see Patty, something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    New Years Resolution: I will not make a new years resolution this year!
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    you see Patty, something in the universe loves me. Something in the universe loves the entity that is me. I would choose to call this something "God", a singular spark that dwells in the soul of every living being. If you look inside yourself you will find that spark too. You will. But you have to look deep. Love your faults. Embrace them. If God embraces them, then how can they be faults? Love yourself. You have to love yourself. If we don't love ourselves, how can we love others? And when we know what we are, then we can find the truth out about others, seek what they are; the truth about them. And you know what the truth is? The truth about them? About you? About me? Do you? The truth is, we're all perfect. Just as we are. God only loves that which is perfect and he loves you. He loves you because you are perfect. You are perfect. Just as you are.

The good ole cult garbage of Battlestar Gallactica!
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

^^THIS!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I don't really make resolutions per sei...but I do like to reflect on the year that has been and make goals to improve on the positives. When it comes to truly making a life change, that has never happened for me on Jan 1...it's always happend when I was ready for it to happen...big one for me was Sept 25, 2012.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options

Yep :bigsmile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

This! ^^^

I'm not sure why that's being smug. *shrugs*
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Case and point....

lol_zpse5f103b6.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    The good ole cult garbage of Battlestar Galactica!

O_O

doesnt understand what part of that is garbage
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    doesnt understand what part of that is garbage

For a Christian, the statement that God only loves that which is perfect.
    For an atheist, that there even is a God.

So, lots of garbage depending on your position on God.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with being smug. I don't make them because I think it's silly to say this year I'm going to do this, simply because it's a new year. I'm always setting goals for myself, but they aren't limited to a certain time frame, nor are they simply because the calender year rolled over.