people that don't make resolutions

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    doesnt understand what part of that is garbage

For a Christian, the statement that God only loves that which is perfect.
    For an atheist, that there even is a God.

So, lots of garbage depending on your position on God.

If God made me imperfect, then I am perfect ♥
    If science made me imperfect, it's to challenge me to fix it and pick up the torch where my genes fail. ♥
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    False. You cannot be perfect if you are imperfect.
    If science made me imperfect, it's to challenge me to fix it and pick up the torch where my genes fail. ♥
    You asked why the Battlestar Gallactica quote was garbage. My reply from an atheism approach was because there is no God.

Not challenging you or anyone on why people should challenge themselves to improve. CA likes using that quote with me and I always reply like that. Kind of like an inside joke that you missed.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    You asked why the Battlestar Gallactica quote was garbage. My reply from an atheism approach was because there is no God.

Not challenging you or anyone on why people should challenge themselves to improve. CA likes using that quote with me and I always reply like that. Kind of like an inside joke that you missed.

it's an inside joke that i guess i missed too.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Okay, so not "joke", but you've posted this quote to me in the past, and you know I think it's garbage, so I reply with the response you know you'll get.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions, not because I'm smug, but because I'm old enough to know I won't follow through. I have to make my "resolution" thing to be every day choices and not a once a year resolution.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

I don't drive, can I have a new South Park gif please. And don't half *kitten* it, I want to be mocked with animation!!

nTwwn.gif
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I haven't made any in several years.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

how about just stop calling stuff garbage - it feels like you want to argue. no one wants to argue with you

why not happiness :(
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I also surprise myself and do something epic occasionally and then add it to my list just so I can cross that off like Id been trying to get it done for years.

Bahahahaha HECK YEAH! I do the same damn thing.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    how about just stop calling stuff garbage - it feels like you want to argue. no one wants to argue with you
    You always find a way to argue with me. I don't know anyone who really believes Battlestar Gallactica religious stuff to be for real. I called it "garbage" in jest because this line has been used on me before. Here is my initial reply to his BG quote:
    The good ole cult garbage of Battlestar Galactica!
    Not sure how that appears like me starting an argument. And, remember, it was my reply to a post directed toward me. so YOU are the one who jumped in an exchange between myself and the OP.

You don't know me. I'm very happy. My comment was in jest. You know, like joking? As in fun, laughter, happiness?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Okay, so not "joke", but you've posted this quote to me in the past, and you know I think it's garbage, so I reply with the response you know you'll get.

Perhaps it deals with a reflection on the perfection from grace but I'm going to "not go down that path".

Back to the resolution thingamajig - I don't make them at the new years because I find that those resolutions are too constraining and bound to failure and eventually the lead me to being dissatisfied with efforts and achievements. Resolutions are often ways or means to achieve goals. I rather set goals and adjust on ways to get there. And these are pretty much being evaluated all the time. So no, no NY resolutions for me - because they always fail for me. I'm humble about them and know I can't keep them but I will hit goals.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    ***Shrug alert! To each their own.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I am way to awesome at keeping them to not make one. Don't want to ruin my 2 year streak.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

This.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't make resolutions.
    I do however make goals, but just because its a new year I do not create a new goal just for that.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You always find a way to argue with me. I don't know anyone who really believes Battlestar Gallactica religious stuff to be for real. I called it "garbage" in jest because this line has been used on me before. Here is my initial reply to his BG quote:
    The good ole cult garbage of Battlestar Galactica!
    Not sure how that appears like me starting an argument. And, remember, it was my reply to a post directed toward me. so YOU are the one who jumped in an exchange between myself and the OP.

You don't know me. I'm very happy. My comment was in jest. You know, like joking? As in fun, laughter, happiness?

But you disagreed with someone, patti. Remember, you're always in the wrong. But don't worry, that's what makes you perfect. ;)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
    He who makes one is a fool.
    ~F.M. Knowles
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't wait until New Year's to make a resolution. I invoke change when it's needed.

Absolutely!!!!
  • inashdeen
    Options
    I dont make one. haha
    33594342.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I don't really make resolutions because what's the point? I can make a choice to change my life any time. Why is the beginning of a new year any more significant than a week from Tuesday, or something? It's the drive and motivation that matters, not the date.