Weigh in/Measurements

Options
I'm just curious. How often do you weigh in and/or take measurements? I have this issue with having to fight with myself to stay of the scale. I've managed to get it down to once a week instead of every day. I'm just curious on how often everyone here checks on their progress though. :)

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I do both, every day, sometimes extra weight is water weight so the tape measure works better on those days
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh in ...
    Daily.
    ...and/or take measurements?
    Once a month at the gym I go to. I get an 'official' measurement for my record.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Daily. I don't log losses unless I get 2 days in a row of loss though.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and (plan to) do measurements weekly.

Why? I don't know - it works for me. I noticed that when I stop weighing everyday, I tend to slack on eating right and controlling my portion sizes.

Hope I was helpful! :flowerforyou:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I measure once a week and weigh 3 times a week.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Is that to overcome water weight gain/loss?
  • DOMTIA1012
    DOMTIA1012 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Every day I go to the gym. I like to use their scale.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    WOW!!! I was weighing and measuring once every 4 weeks becuase that was the duration of the schedule I was following. The program I am doing now is a 9 week program so, I am weighing in at the halfway mark and then re-measuring at the 9-week mark. Then, when the 90 days starts, I will start weighing/measuring every 4 weeks.

I think I would drive myself CRAZY if I weighed every day. I used to do it the same time once a week.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Weigh in daily and measurements usually 1x per week
  • keith0373
    Options

Is that to overcome water weight gain/loss?

Yes, and I tend to gain water when I run hard or lift for a day or two, so I don't log the up either.
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I was weighing and measuring once every 4 weeks becuase that was the duration of the schedule I was following. The program I am doing now is a 9 week program so, I am weighing in at the halfway mark and then re-measuring at the 9-week mark. Then, when the 90 days starts, I will start weighing/measuring every 4 weeks.

I think I would drive myself CRAZY if I weighed every day. I used to do it the same time once a week.

That's why I stopped weighing myself every day, because it was a constant up and down thing because of the water weight and it was more discouraging then motivational...so I limited myself to once a week with the weight, I may do the measurements once a week as well too, that is something I just started doing on New Years.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh and measure once a week. Sometimes I take month breaks from the scale if I'm obsessing too much.
  • Iwillbeback
    Options
    I plan to weigh once a week and measure once a month and hopefully see smaller numbers each time, fingers crossed
  • Angel0787
    Angel0787 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I plan to weigh once a week and measure once a month and hopefully see smaller numbers each time, fingers crossed

Good Luck! :)
  • keith0373
    Options

That's why I stopped weighing myself every day, because it was a constant up and down thing because of the water weight and it was more discouraging then motivational...so I limited myself to once a week with the weight, I may do the measurements once a week as well too, that is something I just started doing on New Years.

My way only works if you can live with the ups and downs, but I am a numbers nerd and like to know where I am at and what things made a difference.
  • Dwells9496
    Dwells9496 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I prefer to see one good loss for the week rather than lots of little ones. Ocassionally I'll "cheat" and weigh once mid-week but I try really hard not to. I measure every 2 weeks.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh twice a week - Monday and Friday mornings. Now, I'm down to once a week.

I measure once every couple of months - not real strict, as I go more with how I think I look in the mirror. I just want numbers on occasion to verify what I'm seeing.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and measure monthly; I also check my body fat % monthly.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in 1 day/week and take measurements 1 time/month.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    5'6 175lb 15%bf 32 yo male