What to do with the boobies....

Options
BeingAwesome247
BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
Chicken Breasts that is....I'm in a chicken rut and would like to hear how some of you cook or season yours because I'm not lovin my way so much. Maybe I just need to replenish my seasonings but it's just getting so boring.

I like easy recipes too haha After work I don't particularly enjoy spending too much time cooking

Replies

• Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals lately is rotisserie chicken dipped in horseradish mustard. It's a-maz-ing!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    .....nevermind, I guess I'm not interested in this thread.

(I do like chicken though)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I marinate in fat free italian dressing and then grill. Adds a good flavor and next to no calories. And it's easy.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    One of my favorite meals lately is rotisserie chicken dipped in horseradish mustard. It's a-maz-ing!

hey.....I haven't had horsie sauce in the house for a while! Good call!

@Side: I got your attention at least ha ha
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I marinate in fat free italian dressing and then grill. Adds a good flavor and next to no calories. And it's easy.

Mmm that sounds awesome. Going to try that.
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Crock pot + 6 chicken breasts + 1 jar of salsa + 1 can corn + 1 can black beans = dinner
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I season chicken with Adobo seasoning all the time - love it!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bash them out flat with a rolling pin, marinate for a couple of hours (or as long as you can wait) in chipotle paste, lime juice and olive oil, then grill, griddle or BBQ for 10 minutes

Marinate then steam them in a little apple juice, toasted cumin, coriander and black pepper, garlic, red chilli and seasoning - eat with couscous/quinoa
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    While I do like my chicken, there are other sources of lean protein out there...and don't be afraid of a little beef from time to time, it's not going to kill you. In summary, variety. If I ate anything all of the time, I'd go insane.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Ooooo forgot I still have a crockpot....haha I have gotten so BAD about prepping meals for the week. Maybe that's most the problem.
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    Bash them out flat with a rolling pin, marinate for a couple of hours (or as long as you can wait) in chipotle paste, lime juice and olive oil, then grill, griddle or BBQ for 10 minutes

Marinate then steam them in a little apple juice, toasted cumin, coriander and black pepper, garlic, red chilli and seasoning - eat with couscous/quinoa

Think I drooled a little....yea I need to go shopping....I'm out of ALL of those seasonings
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    While I do like my chicken, there are other sources of lean protein out there...and don't be afraid of a little beef from time to time, it's not going to kill you. In summary, variety. If I ate anything all of the time, I'd go insane.

I eat fish and turkey burger too....venison when I can get my hands on it.
    I never buy beef mostly because it doesn't agree with my system. I take chances with it from time to time and enjoy a good steak but within an hour I'm feeling less than fresh if ya get what I'm saying.
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    LO L - I actually laughed out loud at work and people were like "what the....".

Anyway - I tend to eat my chicken very bland - and add sauces to flavor.

To cook - defrost the chicken breast in the fridge. If you purchase the thinly sliced ones, it comes out much better.

Put some PAM, oil, butter , w.e in the pan so the chicken won't stick.

Put your chicken in the pan, on low heat and cover it. I would give you a time estimate but it honestly depends on the thickness of the chicken. I'm sure you can handle this.

Flip the chicken over when it's cooked all of the way through - the chicken is essentially steamed. Then crank up the flames to high for about a minute on each side to give it color and a little crispiness (not even sure if that is a word).

This will give you very moist and juicy chicken.

Best of luck!
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    *kicks rock and slams door on the way out*

never falling for this again
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Throw some in crock pot with any of these combos for 4 hours for some awesome shredded chicken!
    - Jar of salsa and taco seasoning
    -BBQ and can of pineapple tidbits
    - Franks red Hot sauce, ranch packet and a bit of water

On the grill with italian dressing for marinade.

And at least 2 days a week I slice it up, cook in skillet with a bit of soy sauce/Worcestershire and put on top brown rice and steamed broccoli.
  • Silverfox02
    Options
    I like to bake for a bit in the oven seasoned with just salt and pepper, then when they are halfway cooked I add salsa and just abit of parmesan cheese...only a bit tho :)

My Husband loves them this way too...and he is hard to please with my change in diet.

enjoy!!
  • BeingAwesome247
    Options
    LO L - I actually laughed out loud at work and people were like "what the....".

Anyway - I tend to eat my chicken very bland - and add sauces to flavor.

To cook - defrost the chicken breast in the fridge. If you purchase the thinly sliced ones, it comes out much better.

Put some PAM, oil, butter , w.e in the pan so the chicken won't stick.

Put your chicken in the pan, on low heat and cover it. I would give you a time estimate but it honestly depends on the thickness of the chicken. I'm sure you can handle this.

Flip the chicken over when it's cooked all of the way through - the chicken is essentially steamed. Then crank up the flames to high for about a minute on each side to give it color and a little crispiness (not even sure if that is a word).

This will give you very moist and juicy chicken.

Best of luck!

hahahahahahahaha cooking the chicken isn't the problem dork! I just flaked on making them less than bland
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I marinate them in a little white wine, with some garlic, and then I grill them.
  • Serendipityunt
    Serendipityunt Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I pound mine flat and wrap them around stalks of asparagus, season them with a little salt and pepper, and then wrap two strips of center cut bacon (lower in calories and fat) around the chicken, and bake. They're so good...
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    stuffed with bacon and avocado