What to do with the boobies....

Options

Replies

• ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I just saw the topic and had to look. I had a few suggestions, but I"m thinking they would be somehow inappropriate in this instance. ;)
  • lehiggins
    lehiggins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I actually put 5 breasts (boobies) in my slowcooker yesterday. Covered them with water and turned on high. 4 1/2 hours later I pulled them out and shredded them. Now I have a giant container of shredded chicken to turn into anything. Planning on enchiladas tomorrow!

I'm also obsessed with www.skinnytaste.com. Her recipes rock! :wink:
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I mostly stir-fry. Fried food using a teaspoon or a teaspoon and a half of oil for two of us. A good wok is my best friend - we've had them my whole life, so it never occurred to me that so many people don't own one. (I didn't find this out until a couple years ago, when we started hanging it above the cooker instead of keeping it in a cupboard, and everyone started walking in the kitchen and pointing and saying, "What's that?")

I stir-fry (small pieces) with peppers (yellow, red, orange or any combination thereof, but you can use green if you like it), onions and Cajun spices. At the moment I cheat and use a storebought spice mix, but when I get back to cooking I'll devise my own blend to cut down on the sodium. Serve on long-grain rice.

Whole breasts in the oven are nice rubbed with olive oil, sea salt, garlic and rosemary. Stick potato chunks drizzled with olive oil in there, strew some fresh rosemary and chopped garlic around (and garlic cloves in their skins - they go all sweet and yummy) and you have a one-pan dinner that takes ten minutes to prepare. Serve with green salad.

Pasta Santa Fe is another nice dish, although it's a bit more expensive. You can do the chicken one of two ways - either grill and then shred or cut into medium pieces and use a cast-iron griddle pan or a George Foreman grill - something that'll give those nice brown grill lines. Put in a big bowl with pasta (I like tagliatelle or fettuccine, but anything works), pesto, fresh baby spinach and whole pine nuts. Mix well, then serve with baby tomatoes on top. I like to make my own pesto, but pine nuts and parmagiano are expensive, so this one's a special meal. If you can afford the calories I sometimes mix pesto and sour cream for the sauce to make it go further.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1 can (drained) of diced tomatoes
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    5 or 6 chicken breasts
    Garlic, onions, basil, oregano, black pepper (if you like)

This one can be done in the crock pot or on the stove top. Typically, if I make it on the stovetop, I brown the chicken and then add the other ingredients. Cover and cook on medium-low for about 30 minutes (until it's cooked through). I like to add a few cloves of garlic and a few leaves of fresh basil, but this recipe really lends well to most herbs and spices. You could also dice up other veggies and add them in (carrots, celery, or zucchini come to mind).
  • hanny137
    Options
    For what it's worth...
    I actually prefer to marinade mine in pickle brine - I used Alton Browns recipe online somewhere to get a decent basic brine made - then I take a big chicken breast and slice it lengthwise in half - giving me two thin breasts. Then I marinade them anywhere from a couple/few hours to a day.

Then I put a dab of Olive Oil in a pan and cook the breasts in the pan. You'll have a really tasty breast that stays moist through cooking and combines VERY well with lemon/butter pasta.
  • WickedPixie1
    WickedPixie1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Low sodium soy sauce, honey, chili sauce (watch the sodium), sesame oil, a few cloves of garlic chopped, ginger (grated or paste) and an optional is chinese 5 spice....mix either let the meat sit or cook right away.
    Works well with pork too (my fave...shredded)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    .....nevermind, I guess I'm not interested in this thread.

(I do like chicken though)

I agree...

Don't real female breasts taste like chicken????
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    stuffed with bacon and avocado

Never even thought to do this. Thanks for the idea!
  • fithannafit
    Options
    bump :)
  • Lizlicious2187
    Lizlicious2187 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I really like marinating mine in a balsamic vinagrette dressing or balsamic vinegar/olive oil. It was definitely a great way to breakup the monotony of just pepper and other ground seasonings.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bump
  • saraledbetter5
    Options
    Chicken breast split and stuffed with low fat feta or goat cheese and spinach. Lightly brown in pan on each side and then bake for about 20 minutes (depending on size). Serve with quinoa pilaf and some veggies. Even my picky husband like it!
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    With "Cowgirl Up" as part of your profile ... I thought I would recommend this spice blend ...
    http://www.bustersbbq.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=3
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Another slow cooker one... Orange Chicken

Chicken
    Tomato ketchup & Orange marmalade - about 5 tbsp each
    3 tbsp soy
    Garlic clove
    piece grated ginger
    tbsp rice vinegar
    dash sesame oil

Add some chilli sauce if you like some spice or some tabasco and add some sugar if you like it a little sweeter

Put it all in slow cooker 4-5 hours, towards the end add some corn flour mixed with cold water to thicken the sauce if needed

This sounds yummy, but I am allergic to oranges. I wonder how it would work with apricot preserves instead...
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I always fall for these topics...

*Lowers head in shame*
  • Sassafrass1981
    Sassafrass1981 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oven bake the chicken with whatever seasonings you like... just before they are finished add black forest ham..red onions & swiss/mozza cheese. (I cook my ham & onions first then add them on top followed by cheese).

Yummy!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bump...love chicken boobs
  • 6Penguins6
    Options
    Another slow cooker one... Orange Chicken

Chicken
    Tomato ketchup & Orange marmalade - about 5 tbsp each
    3 tbsp soy
    Garlic clove
    piece grated ginger
    tbsp rice vinegar
    dash sesame oil

Add some chilli sauce if you like some spice or some tabasco and add some sugar if you like it a little sweeter

Put it all in slow cooker 4-5 hours, towards the end add some corn flour mixed with cold water to thicken the sauce if needed

This sounds yummy, but I am allergic to oranges. I wonder how it would work with apricot preserves instead...

Apricot would work just as well, just need something sweet and sugary for it to glaze - lovely!
  • awaterbuffalo
    awaterbuffalo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was hoping this was a thread about real boobies. :cry: