What do you guys do when you are angry?

Options
13»

Replies

• Brendajo510
    Options
    I think the immature one is the one making fun of someone who has a different set of opinions.

That being said, its not good to turn to food (or alcohol) for emotional support. If you can run it off, I'd say run it off. But if you are somewhere that's not an option, trying breathing or listening to music. I like to rationalize people's behavior when I get upset. Oh, that guy just cut me off in traffic, perhaps there is some big emergency and he's on his way. I know its probably not true but 1 out of 100, it could be.

Also, I'd recommend not having something around that is quite as calorie and carb filled as a poptart. I'm not saying give up your favorite foods. I'm just saying you might ween yourself until you have control over it. I love those little cupcakes filled with creme, yummmm. Zero resistance which means zero in my house. Eventually, as I work on my weight loss and control, I'll buy them again as a treat every once in a blue moon. But I won't rely on them to make my day better.

If you really have to eat because you are upset, try something better for you. Like carrots.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    heavy exercise, or heavy drinking
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I listen to this. When I'm mad, angry, depressed or need a kick in the rump.

I've started listening to this before every workout to remind me that I need to push. Just one more rep or one more second before resting. Its powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhETAUvGXXE

I am not promoting Oz Pinoy or the other site linked in the video. JUST the audio.
  • mdyorston
    mdyorston Posts: 158
    Options
    how dare you waste a pop tart! LOL