How many languages can you speak?

Options

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Je parle le francais un peu, Hablo muy poquito de Espanol, Agricola est bona is about all I remember from Latin (though I can read some of the litergy due to my music training), I can read and perform musical notation fluently on some instruments... Oh, and American English.. British English? I've been exposed to it but it is really a different language for sure.
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    5. chinese, serbian, bulgarian, english and spanish

Nevermind you are somewhat of a multi talented lady
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    2: English & Spanish
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    3 - Spanish, Tagalog (basic) and English

I'm Mexican-Filipino so knowing the first two is a must while English is also necessary to communicate with people outside my ethnicities. Confieso que todavia estoy aprendiendo mas Ingles.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    aw thanks :blushing:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Used to be 9 back in my teenage years

Now its only 4 :(
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    English and some Afrikaans
  • Emlou93
    Emlou93 Posts: 22
    Options
    English, French, a little bit of Arabic, German and Japanese, and will be learning 3 more this year.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Español & English.. understand a bit of italian/portuguese since its alike spanish
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    5. chinese, serbian, bulgarian, english and spanish

now that's impressive!

i can speak english and afrikaans, read arabic and get by with some italian.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    English and I can get by with Spanish, French,and Portuguese (Brazilian). Not particularly good in any of the three but pretty rusty in French and Portuguese.
  • xprettyreckless
    xprettyreckless Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    German, English, Spanish, French and took four years of Latin (doesn't really count though :P)
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    English, Turkish, American, South African, Australian, Canadian and I suppose many more, Excluding the Turkish, the rest are fluent :)))

How is American and Australian not English? I suppose Kiwi is another language too??

I speak English (the type from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, New Zealand, Australia and the USA!) and a little Maori, I used to be quite competent with Maori but what you don't use you lose, I'm sure it's still in there somewhere though!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Spanish and English.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Bulgarian, English, Spanish, French and some Russian :)
  • Acibademlil
    Options
    English n Turkish :)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    English, German, Swiss German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Mandarin) and Japanese :blushing:
  • Acibademlil
    Options
    English, Turkish, American, South African, Australian, Canadian and I suppose many more, Excluding the Turkish, the rest are fluent :)))

How is American and Australian not English? I suppose Kiwi is another language too??

I speak English (the type from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, New Zealand, Australia and the USA!) and a little Maori, I used to be quite competent with Maori but what you don't use you lose, I'm sure it's still in there somewhere though!

he also fluent in smart arseness but doesn't like to advertise hahaha
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Dutch (mothertongue), English and German. Also I speak some words Frisian, French, Spanish and Russian.

My new years resolution is to learn German fluently and speak better Russian.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I speak 3 languages: English, French, and Italian.

I sign one language:Auslan (Australian Sign Language) so I guess that counts as 4. (No I am not deaf).