Crock pot tips and recipes

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make a lot of different soups-- especially Indian dal recipes. If you want to make something with bay leaves or cardamom pods or something you want to strain out before eating, try using a tea ball! I put all those kinds of things in there, then lift the whole thing out when it's time to serve. Then nobody accidentally bites into a whole peppercorn and complains that it's too spicy. :-D
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    Bump
  • pohlcm08
    Options
    Bumping for later, great thread! I've had a crock pot for a while now but don't use it as often as I want to because I don't know what to put in it. Thanks for the ideas everyone.
  • turnerm65
    turnerm65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump...for later :wink:
  • Garnet0284
    Garnet0284 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kimmiet801
    kimmiet801 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mdianne58
    mdianne58 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    bumping for later! Thanks!!!
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    Bump.....thank you all for these wonderful recipes!!!
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • dzmikki
    dzmikki Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This is the best site for crock pot recipes. HUNDREDS of recipes. Its kinda like the pinterest of crock pot stuff.... lol

http://punchfork.com/recipes/slow-cooker
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have one night a week where I prep loads of veg for crockpot meals then freeze it in bags so I just need to throw a bag in the crockpot in the morning and come home to yummy food. It means I can buy veg in bulk and makes weekdays far easier (I work long hours).

I bought a timer if the meal needs fewer hours than I'm at work for. I use my crockpot most days.

Thank you, excellent idea! Its all about simplifying!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    This is making me hungry! Great posts/ideas. Thanks everyone.
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Indian food, especially vegetarian is a great resource - can have loads of flavour and be less calorie dense than typical American or UK fare. For instance: Dal Makhani -- just use skim milk instead of cream and could use fat free yoghurt instead of ghee or butter. Recipe example: http://versatilekitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/dal-makhani-lentils-and-kidney-beans.html

Happy slow cooking!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make a lot of different soups-- especially Indian dal recipes. If you want to make something with bay leaves or cardamom pods or something you want to strain out before eating, try using a tea ball! I put all those kinds of things in there, then lift the whole thing out when it's time to serve. Then nobody accidentally bites into a whole peppercorn and complains that it's too spicy. :-D

Awesome idea! Thanks for the tip.
  • ShirleyFed5
    ShirleyFed5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I often use mine for pulled pork, but thought I would try the same thing with chicken. Put meat and a jar of salsa in crock pot and cook all day. Shred the meat and put on rice or in kaiser buns. So good.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mviegas1
    mviegas1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump