bump
  • TCR84
    TCR84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump cream cheese chicken chili gotta ry it!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Super Easy Chicken

4-5 Frozen skinless boneless chicken breast
    1 package dry Italian dressing mix
    1 cup warm water or fat free chicken broth

place chicken in bottom of Crockpot, sprinkle dressing mix over chicken then pour water or broth over chicken. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.

---You can put whole chicken and turkey in frozen or thawed without precooking.
    Cook a whole defrosted chicken...rinse it, take out the stuff inside the chicken, rub whatever dry seasoning on that you prefer, I use Mrs dash, place on top of 5 balls of wadded up foil. This keeps the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the crock pot..I usually set it on high and go to work, so I'm not sure on exact hours probably 6? By the time I get home the chicken is falling off the bone! No added oil, butter or even stock, just your chicken and dry seasoning. You can serve it with veggies, next day as tacos, or on top of a salad or whatever...very easy and you'll have yummy chicken to be creative with for a couple of days :)

Saw both of these on Part 1 and thought they were both great ideas! Somehow this thread got lost, but now it's found!!:wink::laugh:

The top recipe works great with the balled up foil underneath! You can also take potatoes (wrapped in foil or not, either way works fine) and toss them underneath the Chicken. Works great and then you have nearly a complete meal, minus the greens!:tongue:

I've also sliced up oranges and tossed them in the cavity of the chicken before cooking along with onion. Sliding some underneath the skin of the raw chicken really gives it a wonderful flavor as well.

Smells wonderful and all done when you get home!:drinker: :bigsmile: