No room for excuses

Options
My biggest pet peeve is a person who makes excuses. Just do SOMETHING. Even if its walking while the kids are down for a nap or on your lunch break. If you won't do anything then be man/woman enough to say "hey, I'm just lazy". Not this bull **** about "I'm a mother so I'm too busy", or "I had a hard day of work at my 9-5 job". Iv worked nothing shorter then 14 hours a day, sometimes up to 17 hours for the last 6 years. Many of those days were spent in full battle rattle, In 100+ degree heat. SOMETIME with no days off for 2 weeks. I still find time to beast it in the gym...even lost 40lbs! And I would, and still do get up at 0300 and start it all over again. Just something I wanted to share! I would like to say how proud of ALL of you I am for taking the initiative to just do SOMETHING without making excuses! That's the biggest hurtle of all! Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• Solly123
    Solly123 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a "Like" button!!

Well said.. If you want it enough, you will find the time...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you want it enough, you will find the time...

this!!!!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I agree with this statement. I actually found a way to exercise at my job yesterday during work hours! We had a major leak in the building, causing water to flow into the two digital press rooms. One of my co-workers and I grabbed a pair of mops and started mopping up water to keep it from reaching one of the presses. The mop by itself was heavy, and then soaking the water into it made it into a real workout for an hour. That's good enough exercise for me, and I even put that into my exercise diary. There are ways to get exercise in there somehow, even if you can get it for only ten minutes or if the job you do ends up being more strenuous than you expected it to be.

Also, I used to make excuses not to do something. That all changed on January 26 last year when I got diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. After that day, I decided...no more excuses. I started changing my eating habits, exercised more, and drank more water. When I was diagnosed, I was at 181 pounds. Today, I'm down to 133 and vow never to go back to being the big woman I had been!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    People excel at excuses.
    I love the "I don't have time" copout...:sad:
    The average America watches 4+ hours of TV daily in addition to the time spent cruising the internet.
    And we don't have time.
    I recall a "debate" here in these forums with some dud, and his whole self-apology was some busy schedule, family responsibilities, work...ect...
    And the echo chamber chimed in their usual visceral acceptance.
    Somebody noticed and pointed out he had time to post a bunch of stuff to MFP, and the guy who didn't have time spent 2 hours defending his claim not to have time.
    A guy serious about reaching his goals could have completed an 8 mile run.
    People full of excuses are toxic, and it's a contagious disease.
    Run from such cooties....
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I agree with this statement. I actually found a way to exercise at my job yesterday during work hours! We had a major leak in the building, causing water to flow into the two digital press rooms. One of my co-workers and I grabbed a pair of mops and started mopping up water to keep it from reaching one of the presses. The mop by itself was heavy, and then soaking the water into it made it into a real workout for an hour. That's good enough exercise for me, and I even put that into my exercise diary. There are ways to get exercise in there somehow, even if you can get it for only ten minutes or if the job you do ends up being more strenuous than you expected it to be.
    I love this.
    There are always opportunities at work.
    I have discovered several sneaky ways to get in a great workout during an 8 or 12 hour shift through the years.
    :devil:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    People excel at excuses.
    I love the "I don't have time" copout...:sad:
    The average America watches 4+ hours of TV daily in addition to the time spent cruising the internet.
    And we don't have time.
    I recall a "debate" here in these forums with some dud, and his whole self-apology was some busy schedule, family responsibilities, work...ect...
    And the echo chamber chimed in their usual visceral acceptance.
    Somebody noticed and pointed out he had time to post a bunch of stuff to MFP, and the guy who didn't have time spent 2 hours defending his claim not to have time.
    A guy serious about reaching his goals could have completed an 8 mile run.
    People full of excuses are toxic, and it's a contagious disease.
    Run from such cooties....

i remember him... he was great entertainment!!!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Like!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    *Like*

There are 24 hours in a day; pick one and get it done! Excuses are for wasters!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%. Some people spend so much time on MFP when they could be working out.

Like they say Get busy living or Get busy dying!!!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Love love love the attitute! Right now I find myself back in the excuses section, but I think your post just kicked my backside into getting into the gym tonight!!

Thank you!
  • lissavlog
    Options
    i agree. i work 10+ hours a day & despite being exhausted, i find time to work out when i get home. if you want to succeed, you'll work hard for it. there's no excuse not to.
  • ShawndaSallee
    ShawndaSallee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love love love the attitute! Right now I find myself back in the excuses section, but I think your post just kicked my backside into getting into the gym tonight!!

Thank you!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! PUSH!!
  • ShawndaSallee
    Options
    Love the replys to this post! I thought I would have a lot of negative feedback! Guess not! Good luck all of you!!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good stuff...congrats on your weight loss:drinker:
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    If you truly want it then STOP wasting your time talking about it, just DO it. Enough said.
  • ShawndaSallee
    Options
    Good stuff...congrats on your weight loss:drinker:

Not sure if this is at me, but thanks!
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you want something you will find a way; if you dont you will find an excuse.-Stephan Dolley Jr.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I get more mad at myself for excuses. Now I just find a way to exercise more.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Thanks for this - I keep exercising!!! Even on vacation - I got the free pass to a gym in city we were going to and kept exercising!!! Go for it!!!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! You need to be a motivational speaker!