Do you take anything to supress your appetite?

Options
13»

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Well, I have asthma and have an albuterol inhaler. I rarely use it, but when I do it suppresses my appetite. Not exactly natural, and I'm not using it for that.

Why do you want an appetite suppressant, though? You should be eating if you're hungry, within means, obviously. Portion control.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I drink tea.
    If that doesn't cut it, I have a hot cup of low-cal soup (vegetble ect.)

Hot food, hot drinks- fill you faster.

Tea has 0 calories. And you can get neat 'foodie' flavors too:
    http://www.davidstea.com/birthday-cake
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are a natural appetite suppressant. Seven or eight unsalted peanuts 30 minutes before meals will reduce the amount you eat.

This is the opposite for me...only because I love peanuts and once I start it's just so hard to stop eating them! :sad:
  • farmgirl1973
    farmgirl1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Skip the supplements. Just eat 6 times a day, whole fresh foods (no more processed foods). Its a habit that has to be changed. You need to replace the habit of snacking with new healthy habits. It may not happen overnight, but it can and will happen if you are truly committed to living a healthier lifestyle.

Make a comfort menu up. Put on it all the activities you can do instead of snacking.
    1) Take a bath
    2) Clean a room
    3) call a friend
    4) Go for a walk
    5) brush your teeth
    6) Chew gum
    ETC, ETC, ETC

See, you have lots of options you can do instead of snacking---just have your comfort menu handy and pick one :)

What a great idea. I am going to have to do this.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Yes. Food that actually healthy. It's surprisingly satisfying. I had two overflowing plates yesterday for lunch. Under 550 calories and I couldn't even eat all of it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yes I plenty of eat foods rich in protein, fibre, water and a little healthy fats all of which are proven to provide satiety. Been quite a few threads on this in the last few days, did you run a search?

Definitely agree...particularly on a deficit, protein is crucial to preserve lean muscle. As has been stated, it also keeps you "filled up." I think the hardest thing to do while eating at a deficit is eating the way you used to. For me it was way too many processed carbs, and though they fit in my daily calories and macros, I always felt hungry. Having made the switch to more nutrient dense and fiborous carbs, healthy fats, and plenty of protein has pretty much made this thing a breeze...other than my grocery bill.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I did a google search on foods that help supress appetite naturally. there were a list of several but the ones i remember are:

eggs, almonds, water, dark chocolate, cayenne pepper, coffee, avacado and fresh ginger. I keep hershey dark chocolate kisses and almonds in my desk drawer (as well as a 32 oz water bottle) for those moments of "I can't wait for my next meal - I need to eat NOW!"
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    cocaine XD
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Thank U Captain,, that's good to hear!!! Dude so you ran the Spartan?? Good Stuff. I'm going to do my first Warrior Dash on April 27th.

I do my first warrior dash March 16th!! :laugh:
  • ducoteycd
    ducoteycd Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am starting with my first log of my weight etc today and although I am pretty sure that I am going to try to use water to stop me snacking I wondered whether you guys know of any natural appetite suppressants? <--- not even sure if they exist.

I follow a ketogenic diet, which naturally suppresses appetite! I'd suggest it to anyone, I feel amazing on it. Better than ever before.