What is one food/ food type you wish had 0g carbs

Options

Replies

• __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I wish there weren't so many carbs in pasta. Its one of my favorite foods. But, its one thing I am going to limit and greatly reduce the serving size when I do consume it. Id much rather get my carbs from more natural foods such as fruits and veggies.

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    None. I don't care about carbs. Carbs don't make you fat. :wink:

Carbs did indeed make me fat. It is the reason why all the other diets I tried my whole life never worked very well.

To this day, I stick to less than 100 carbs a day. Mostly from Veggies :)

Nope. Carbs didn't make you fat. The quantity of the food you ate made you fat.

That's not what Gary Taubes said!

Lol - obviously.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Chocolate:wink:
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    steak and fries,,, and a large margarita.......lol
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I don't watch carbs as closely as others on this site, but I do wish sugar had no carbs... real sugar, from a sugar cane... I love sugar!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Ummm... I lift. I need my carbs. If there was a food that I could eat as much as I want of and not get fat I'd go with pizza or cake. I can't do moderation because I'm a serious food addict so it's like telling an alcoholic to just have one beer. Although, I do feel much better since I cut out certain foods.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I don't watch carbs as closely as others on this site, but I do wish sugar had no carbs... real sugar, from a sugar cane... I love sugar!!

It would be a lot cooler if sugar had no sugar...........
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pizza and potato chips. I miss both.

I dont eat low-carb subsitutes so fake pizza just wont do.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Don't care about carbs so much but it would be awesome if chocolate could magically became a HEALTHY but necessary food group! :) A girl can dream!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There is really nothing I can think of, after doing low carb for years I have found delicious alternatives to every type of meal I can think of.

Sweets: Low Carb Cheesecake Bites, different varieties like pumpkin, pecan, etc.
    Pizza: Meatza or cauliflower crust pizza.
    Mashed Potatos: Mashed Cauliflower, BETTER in my opinion than potato.
    Buns/breads: Oopsie rolls, almond flour buns, minute flax seed muffins
    Alcohol: Any hard liquor, diet soda/ginger ale/tonic.
    Potato Chips: Pork Rinds
    Spaghetti: Baked spaghetti squashed, tossed in butter and garlic in a pan.
    Lasagna: Egg Plant & Cheese casserole or crock pot pizza
    Pancakes: Cream cheese pancakes
    Tacos: Taco salads of course.
    Chicken Parm: Breaded with parmesan or pork rinds, stuffed with ricotta, sauce & mozarella.
    Buffalo Wings: Buffalo Wings ;)

And plenty of others. I just don't crave or miss sugary foods. But that tends to be the case when you are no longer chemically addicted to the stuff.
    Don't care about carbs so much but it would be awesome if chocolate could magically became a HEALTHY but necessary food group! :) A girl can dream!

Actually, 80% and up chocolate is quite healthy and can fit into a diet very easily with moderation. I have a square of lindt 85% here and there and I keep under 20g net carbs per day. Of course, it's an acquired taste after 80%, but I have noticed it became much sweeter after many months away from sugar and its effects on my taste.
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    tjow min
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Odd question. Do the calories and blood glucose rush disappear as well? If so, I think I'd have to go with plain ol' sugar. Just about everything else I eat that is high in carbs contains fiber and my body needs that too much to give up. Plus, sugar tastes GOOD.
  • nikket3000
    nikket3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Jay Jay-
    There is really nothing I can think of, after doing low carb for years I have found delicious alternatives to every type of meal I can think of.

Sweets: Low Carb Cheesecake Bites, different varieties like pumpkin, pecan, etc.
    Pizza: Meatza or cauliflower crust pizza.
    Mashed Potatos: Mashed Cauliflower, BETTER in my opinion than potato.
    Buns/breads: Oopsie rolls, almond flour buns, minute flax seed muffins
    Alcohol: Any hard liquor, diet soda/ginger ale/tonic.
    Potato Chips: Pork Rinds
    Spaghetti: Baked spaghetti squashed, tossed in butter and garlic in a pan.
    Lasagna: Egg Plant & Cheese casserole or crock pot pizza
    Pancakes: Cream cheese pancakes
    Tacos: Taco salads of course.
    Chicken Parm: Breaded with parmesan or pork rinds, stuffed with ricotta, sauce & mozarella.
    Buffalo Wings: Buffalo Wings ;)

And plenty of others. I just don't crave or miss sugary foods. But that tends to be the case when you are no longer chemically addicted to the stuff.

Actually, 80% and up chocolate is quite healthy and can fit into a diet very easily with moderation. I have a square of lindt 85% here and there and I keep under 20g net carbs per day. Of course, it's an acquired taste after 80%, but I have noticed it became much sweeter after many months away from sugar and its effects on my taste.

The counter at the end of your comment speaks volumes. :) As always, so proud of you!
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yeah I wish chocolate was a healthier option too (and i mean non dark types)
  • DeMayr
    DeMayr Posts: 67
    Options
    Pizza, I can eat it every day.

And to people talking shiyt about my beloved Keto, don't hate until you've tried it.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Dont care, carbs are not evil and don't make you fat.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    If we pretend carbs are terrible for you, sugar, for sure. However, I am a huge fan of not cutting carbs out. Now, if you wanted to talk about "which foods do you wish had less sodium" I could give you a list.. =|
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid carbs so, none. But I do wish bananas had less carbs so that people would stop telling me they are EVIL.

this!! i eat one every day at breakfast
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    None. I don't care about carbs. Carbs don't make you fat. :wink:

^^^^^This!!!
  • tehman
    tehman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Moosetracks Ice cream ( already so for the no sugar added but it still has carbs) I watch calories (want less of) and protein (want more of) ; not carbs.