Does Biotin really work?

Options
124»

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I took Biotin for about 6 months and it helped a bit, but about a year ago, I started taking Prenatal vitamins (even though I'm not preggers), and my hair is growing soooo fast, and it's coming in a bit thicker, too. I have fine, thin hair, and even my SO has noticed a big difference.

What kind of prenatal vitamins?

I've tried prenatal vitamins before and have been using the GNC hair, skin and nails, which do work. My hair seems to grow faster, and my nails grow much faster.

i take prenatals too! the rainbow light brand. it has biotin in it. i also take biotin on its own in addition every other day. it works AMAZING. my hair and nails are finally getting back to normal
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use Biotin specifically for my hair and nails. It took about a month to notice the difference, but it's there!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Um, ya know ... If your hair is falling out or thinning and your nails aren't growing right, um ... maybe you should go see a doctor ... These are symptoms of an underactive thyroid or some other deficiency ... Once you've corrected the underlying issue you should be fine ... That being said, Nioxin shampoo works pretty well for thickening up hair ...

hair thinning is actually a fairly common side effect of significant weight loss. sometimes there is no underlying issue beyond that. i used to have extremely thick hair when i was obese but as i lost weight my hair started falling out more and more to the point where i was really freaking out. and i was eating very nutritiously, lots of fresh veggies and fruits plus a multi. still happened. it's taken a year for it to get thick again (with biotin supplementation), but it's still not like it used to be.