2012 Photo Journey

Options
2»

Replies

• iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! I love the picture summary and loads of information! Glad you took the time to share this wirh us. Congrats on your transformation :)
  • Zelenka06
    Options
    WOW! AWESOME TRANSFERMATION! MOTIVATION HERE I COME!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed. Great transformation!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! I'd like to see a little flick book of your pictures to animate your progress :laugh:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    wow! Very impressed with your results and you did not lift heavy. Congrats! Thanks for the info on how you did it too, so motivational :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Wow! I like how your expression changes gradually over the year too, from rather stern to rather smug (deservedly!), well done!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nerds rule! ^__^
  • napson
    napson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you look great! Good job and keep it going!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    wow! Very impressed with your results and you did not lift heavy. Congrats! Thanks for the info on how you did it too, so motivational :)

While technically this is correct, I don't exactly just do high rep easy stuff, cardio with weights, what people think of when they think of dumbbells and bodyweight exercises.

I do progressive calisthenics and always move on to more difficult variants of exercises.

For example, instead of bench pressing and overhead pressing, currently I do one arm pushup variants, handstand pushups, tuck planche holds, and half lay back lever holds. Occasionally I do weighted dips as well. For legs I do weighted pistol squats, hand assisted glute ham raises (almost can do them unassisted), and hill sprints. For the pulling chain I do weighted pulls/chins, tuck front lever holds, tuck lever rows, and tuck ice cream makers.

So while I don't go lift barbells, I do a lot of 5RM and "heavier" work, even if the resistance is primarily drawn from reduced leverage bodyweight (or lightly weighted) exercises.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    even better :) now off to check out what an ice cream maker is...holy balls!

thanks again for the info!
  • DJMartins
    Options
    If this is not motivation, I don't know what is, going to take a photo now!
  • grappler2305
    Options
    good work
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Nerds rule! ^__^

For sure. Taking over the internets.

Good luck with the upcoming challenge.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Very very impressive! That's great dedication.

I feel totally ashamed of myself as I started around the same time as you but gave in. I'll use this thread as motivation to persist this time around as your starting shape isn't far off mine.

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing.
  • apocosi
    apocosi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    iGreat!
  • momwantsbodyback
    momwantsbodyback Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look 10 years younger!! Congrats! :)
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    What a productive year you had! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!