Has anyone else red 50 Shades of Grey?

Options

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You wish your boyfriend was deeply emotionally damaged and incapable of having a healthy relationship?

He was just sad.:frown:

he only needed love.
    Yep, 'cause love can fix anything, right? :huh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I read the first 2 books & my friend gave me a summary of the 3rd because I couldn't stomach it.

If I had to hear about inner goddesses one more time, I think I would've had an aneurysm...
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Orange you gonna tell us more. Maybe that she blue him, right after they met, I mean they had just said yellow.
    I was thinking the same thing but would not have stated it so eloquently.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    1AA.jpg
    1A.jpg
    But wht about, like, when she talks about how he smells like body wash and Christian?? I can smell it just thinking about it!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You wish your boyfriend was deeply emotionally damaged and incapable of having a healthy relationship?

He was just sad.:frown:

he only needed love.
    Yep, 'cause love can fix anything, right? :huh:

Yes, it can! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that! :love:
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I begrudgingly made it through the first book,.too vanilla for someone as adventurous as I.

Sending friend request
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1AA.jpg
    1A.jpg
    But wht about, like, when she talks about how he smells like body wash and Christian?? I can smell it just thinking about it!

She can even come on MFP and ***** about her boyfriend not being supportive of her weight loss since he is constantly making her eat. I mean, really?
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I read it, they were kind of boring. The end of book 1 kind of made me mad, so I read the other two but I borrowed them from the library...wouldn't have paid for them. If you want bdsm erotica, Anne Rice did it better. :P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I read 50 Shades of Grey, but not the 2 others in the trilogy. I thought it was okay, but not good enough to make me want to read the others even though I was given all three as a gift set. The writing style wasn't great, and while the sex scenes were good and frequent, I've read better. Honestly, except for the whips and handcuffs, it reminded me of a Harlequin romance novel.

I've since been told that the 2nd and 3rd are much better than the 1st. I may read them someday but right now I have so little time to read and so many books that I want to read that they are still gathering dust on the bookshelf.

Perhaps if I were single I'd be more anxious to read more.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My husband read them.....and liked them....should I be worried?
    yes, yes you should
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Grey is an amateur.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Grey is an amateur.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!

Sorry but he is. He's also a little too gentle.
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options
    So I was curious, and readed few little tastes of in on the internet... It ssssucks really hard. I mean, was this author dislectical?
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My inner goddess sez it's time for me to find someone who practices consent!
  • LaurenVamp
    LaurenVamp Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    As someone who's been in both a D/s and an emotionally abusive relationship, I can tell one from the other pretty well and this book gives me mad chills of terror. 0/10 would not bang.

Couldn't have said it better myself. While the "adventure" of it might seem fun, the controlling, psychotic, abusive behavior always follows after that sort of draw--that's how emotionally/physically abusive men brain wash women into staying in relationships with them. They make them feel guilty for doing things like skipping a meal or forgetting to call. REALLY?

I stopped after the first book. He reminded me too much of my ex.
  • sexybab
    Options
    I'm on book two...but I put it down for a moment...because it became predictable in some spots. I'll go back eventually, but right now I rather play Sims...I have named four of my Sims after Christian, Anatasia, Carrick and Grace...LOL!!! Christian can't control this girl! LOL!!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Grey is an amateur.

THIS. I deliver such conflicting heights of degradation and pleasure in my conquests that, by comparison, Christian Grey looks like Mister Rogers. If my total control over the tiniest facets of behavior were converted into wattage, I could power a small city. Seriously, I'm pretty abusive. I feel bad about it sometimes, and wonder if the right girl came along, things might be different? *sigh* One day, one day . . .
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    oh my
  • workout_fish
    workout_fish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Who in their right mind would want a "man" emotionally disturbed, incapable of a real relationship with mommy issues? If Christian Grey is your ideal man, you need therapy.

YES! I couldnt agree more. Terrible! I caved and read the first book because everyone wouldnt stop talking about it and i had to force myself to finish it. I dont understand how someone would think a guy like this would be a catch. Money isnt everything!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Grey is an amateur.

THIS. I deliver such conflicting heights of degradation and pleasure in my conquests that, by comparison, Christian Grey looks like Mister Rogers. If my total control over the tiniest facets of behavior were converted into wattage, I could power a small city. Seriously, I'm pretty abusive. I feel bad about it sometimes, and wonder if the right girl came along, things might be different? *sigh* One day, one day . . .

Mister Rogers was HOT!