Has anyone else red 50 Shades of Grey?

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get beyond five pages of the horrible writing, or the fact that it's just Twilight all over again.

Great minds think alike!
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This past summer at the pool, it seemed everyone was reading this book. Well being a lady of a certain age, I feared that a show of prurient interest like this might be considered unseemly so I ordered a copy for my Kindle...even more discreet than a brown paper wrapper. I got into the book right away though it wasn't quite what I expected. In my book Grey was a cat. And a mystery was developing nicely. I kept waiting for the S&M and the racy bits but when I got to page 100 without so much as a smack on the butt I began to wonder if I had the right book.

I called my younger sister who is more in the know about things. "Oh," she said, "You're reading Shades of Grey by Dulcie Schwartz." I checked my Kindle...Yup that was what I was reading.
    Quite enjoyed it too. It's part of a series. I may order more of them. As for FIFTY Shades of Grey? Well I decided to forego that read. I am more the cat mystery type anyway.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And I noticed, that author of this thread is acting like his bodyguard... Defending him like lioness protects its child... Thats geniuine.
    I AM NOT A LION!!!!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I read all 3.

Retarded way to end a series but it is what it is.

As far as wanting a Christian Grey of my own, no thanks.

There's a difference between kinky and spanking and biting and all that and pure need to cause someone pain. He was completely damaged, I think i've had more than enough of those already. Save the private jets and money.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    This review was was better than the book: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/340987215

Thanks for posting this, I've read it before and every time I read it again I realize how perfect it is.

Also this is good for hours of entertainment

http://50shadesofsuck.tumblr.com/

oh yeah, forgot about that tumblr site...good stuff.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    :huh: :yawn:
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Stupidest. Post. Evah.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    This summer at the pool, it seemed everyone was reading this book. Well being a lady of a certain age, I feared that a show of prurient interest like this might be considered unseemly so I ordered a copy for my Kindle...even more discreet than a brown paper wrapper. I got into the book right away though it wasn't quite what I expected. In my book Grey was a cat. And a mystery was developing nicely. I kept waiting for the S&M and the racy bits but when I got to page 100 without so much as a smack on the butt I began to wonder if I had the right book.

I called my younger sister who is more in the know about things. She is also an avid reader of cat mysteries. "Oh," she said, "You're reading Shades of Grey by Dulcie Schwartz." I checked my Kindle...Yup that was what I was reading.
    Quite enjoyed it too. It's part of a series too. I may order more of them. As for FIFTY Shades of Grey? Well I decided to forego that read. I am more the cat mystery type anyway.

I'm a bit of a dork who loves "cat mysteries." Is that a real book? LOL
  • ellliemaeee
    ellliemaeee Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I read them. I finished the first book, and thought, wtf? Then I had to read #2 because of the way #1 ended. By then I figured might as well finish all three, I've already wasted hours of my life. And I hate leaving books unfinished. I wish I could go back in time and talk myself out of it.

Exactly how I felt. And then I felt like I wasted valuable moments of my life.
  • TiffanyDeaneeM89
    TiffanyDeaneeM89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I decided not to read them because I didn't want Christian Grey interrupting my love for Edward Cullen.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I will say, I did enjoy reading it.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yes it is.

Oops....meant to quote before adding my comment. This is in response to photogrrl's question. Shade of Grey the cat mystery is a real book.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If its so bad, why was it such a best seller? I don't get it.

I've thought about reading just for research. But, then I read reviews and I don't want to waste my time. Why do bad reviews and sales not match up?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You wish your boyfriend was deeply emotionally damaged and incapable of having a healthy relationship?

He was just sad.:frown:

he only needed love.

And someone to put his love in.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I've thought about reading just for research. But, then I read reviews and I don't want to waste my time. Why do bad reviews and sales not match up?
    It isn't bad. People are just JEALOUS.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Yes it is.

Oops....meant to quote before adding my comment. This is in response to photogrrl's question. Shade of Grey the cat mystery is a real book.

I would seriously read a funny cat mystery over poorly written repetitive Twilight fan fiction any day.
    Thanks for the recommend!
  • fit_spired_vicky
    Options

It isn't bad. People are just JEALOUS.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Jealous of what?
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Because quality and consumption do not go hand in hand. Fast food isn't really "good" so why do we eat it?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Peer pressure, media exposure and decline in quality education. Just look at all the people buying Dr. Oz suggested products. Also, take a look at the grammar and spelling on social media sites like this. The book got media attention, so people wanted to see what it was about. Many of them think it's good because they really don't understand quality literature.
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Who in their right mind would want a "man" emotionally disturbed, incapable of a real relationship with mommy issues? If Christian Grey is your ideal man, you need therapy.
    . I agree!