What is your favorite frozen healthy food?

Options
For those days when you are just in a hurry or not in the mood to cook. What is your favorite frozen healthy food?
At the moment mine is lean cuisine's Baja style chicken quesadilla.

It is very filling and it so yummy!

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I eat Lean Cuisine meals most work days for lunch, adding in a Greek yogurt to finish the meal. I would say their Pecan Chicken & Ranchero Braised Beef might just be my favorites... Though I do have a set of them that I buy. Besides those two, I get one of the Roasted Turkey (I think the other one has mushrooms, which I've apparently developed an allergy to and they make me sick), the Glazed Turkey Tenderloins, Fiesta Grilled Chicken, and Baked Chicken. There may be one or two others I buy periodically, but these are my go-to meals for work. lol
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I buy the Perdue Perfect Portions (Italian is my fave) and freeze them. When I'm in a hurry I'll just grab a piece of tin foil and one of those, along with some sort of raw veggie (bag o salad, a tomato, celery sticks...whatever). This all works for me because I have the convenience of a toaster oven at work - I let the chicken thaw till lunchtime and then stick it on the tin foil and put it in the toaster oven for 25 min at 350. Not sure what kind of work kitchen appliances you have available, but this has been my healthy lazy go-to for a while. You could also probably microwave the chicken, but it might not be as flavorful.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kashi frozen pizzas or frozen whole grain waffles.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.

Nonsense. There are lots of frozen healthy foods.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Maybe a frozen kefir if I can read all of the ingredients or any plain frozen vegetable or fruit. That's about it unless i freeze it myself.
  • blissfulbutt
    Options

because all of that added salt and preservitives are just soooooooo good for you
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    SO delicious.

No really, it's what they're called. They're icecream bars made with coconut and almond milk.
  • bcattoes
    Options

because all of that added salt and preservitives are just soooooooo good for you

Not all frozen foods have added salt or preservatives.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Cheese ravioli, precooked frozen shrimp, non-breaded fish frozen in individual portions (soak the pouch in water for 5 minutes and it's thawed).
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    No need for store bought frozen meals.

Just cook (when you do cook) twice as much as usual and freeze half of it for days that you don't feel like cooking or don't have time.

Cheaper, easier, tastier and healthier.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit/berries to throw into a smoothie, or frozen prawns.
  • uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    Edamame, Special K flatbread breakfast sandwiches with salsa added, creamed spinach, bananas for smoothies, peaches, Trader Joe's beef and broccoli, Trader Joe's Tom Yum Soup, Kashi pizzas
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K breakfast sandwiches!
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken breast cutlets blackened on the foreman grill and some steam in bag veggies seasoned with salt, pepper, and vinegar.
  • changejen2013
    Options
    I buy michelinas. They have a teriyaki noodle one that I love.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Orange sherbet with dark chocolate bits.
  • Stephsnew
    Stephsnew Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too love Lean Cuisine. However, my favorite is anyone of them I can find:)
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K breakfast sandwiches!

I do, too, but I've found they're loaded with sodium, so I'm trying to shy away from them.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I always keep a big bed pillow size bag of california veggies in the freezer.It is my go to side instead of having the carb loaded side my family wants to eat