What is your favorite frozen healthy food?

Options

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I avoid the frozen microwave dinners. Instead, when I cook, I'll double the recipe and freeze the left overs.

Also, frozen grapes coated in sugar free Jello are deeeelicious.
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Frozen Peas!! :) I know that's not quite what you were asking, but I love frozen peas!! Just thaw them a bit and add them to cottage cheese, salads, throw in some pasta and parmesan (i guess that's a little bit of cooking but still) - yummo!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Frozen blueberries.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen microwave brown rice. I mix that with frozen broccoli from the microwave and add a little butter and garlic powder. If we have leftover (cooked) chicken or chicken sausage, I add that too.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Leftovers! Frozen prepackaged foods tend to have lots of sodium and honestly I cook better than those nasty things.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Probably Morning Star Farms Corn dogs... yeah... SO GOOD!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You think that **** is healthy?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.

I agree.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Does sherbet count?
  • brokenjawedmuse
    Options
    None. None of it is healthy. I'm not saying I may not buy something once in a very great while but I don't kid myself into thinking that it's anywhere close to healthy.

I dunno....my broccoli is pretty darn healthy. And the frozen squash, spinach, peas, cauliflower, kale, and brussel sprouts. Frozen veggies often have MORE nutrients than fresh veggies as the frozen ones are frozen when ripe, whereas the 'fresh' veggies are picked unripe so that they make it to the store not rotten.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Frozen Strawberries or Peaches. That's about the best I think I could eat frozen ha-ha :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I love the frozen strawberries and blueberries - either throw them in my ice tea or make smoothies with them!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Morningstar Farms original chicken patties, black bean burgers or their original grillers on a sandwich thin with lettuce and ketchup. I always have them in the freezer! I just bought the sausage crumbles, but haven't tried them yet. Tried the hot dogs and they were not even edible - yuck!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

Nonsense. There are lots of frozen healthy foods.

because all of that added salt and preservitives are just soooooooo good for you
    I don't delude myself into thinking that a Lean Cuisine is the *best* choice, however I rarely cook and I believe that the Lean Cuisine is at least as 'good for me,' if not better, than eating a bunch of fast food. Far less calories and actually a lot less sodium as well. The Lean Cuisine meals I eat usually have 650 of less mg of sodium, which is actually less than a sandwich from Wendy's, also quite a few less calories. Shrug... Maybe it's not "healthy" to you, but it's definitely HEALTHIER than what I used to eat.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Spinach nuggets and broccoli. I do not eat any frozen food except for veggies because I don't need the crazy amount of sodium packed in the supposedly "healthy" food like Lean cuisine.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    frozen, healthy, and food are 3 words that just don't go together. Might as well lick salt
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Amy's organics. The cheese enchiladas are my fave! All natural, non GMO. The only other one I will eat is Celentano Eggplant Rolettes or Parmagiano b/c they, too, are all natural, REAL ingredients. Gotta watch the sodium in most frozen meals, though. I got tired of eating them all the time so I started pre-cooking my food and freezing it so when I'm pressed for time on weeknights I still get a home cooked meal in a pinch!
  • sesquive
    sesquive Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love mixing frozen fruit with fat free Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and 2 TBLS of maple syrup. Instant, guilt-free, frozen yogurt....
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You think that **** is healthy?
    Honestly? So you think it's not healthIER than eating a pizza? Or fast food fried foods and burgers? Seriously?
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I like Amy's organic vegetarian meals. Palak Paneer or Mattar Tofu is really good.