Quack Quack, Dr. Oz!

Options
Thought I'd share.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2013/01/can_you_trust_dr_oz_his_medical_advice_often_conflicts_with_the_best_science.html

"Oz maintained his trademark boyish wonder and excitement as he delivered a message many of us long to hear: A pill could help us “burn fat without spending every waking moment exercising and dieting” and even combat “emotional eating.”

Whatever, dude.

Replies

• Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Im glad Dr. Oz is on when I'm at work. I think I might have a stroke watching his show.
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    On the rare weekdays off when I'm actually at home, it induces a lot of eyerolling.
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    lol The physicians I work for were just talking about what an idiot he is over lunch today.
  • boyettemom
    Options
    yea but how many people believe him?
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I actually spent 23 bucks on that green tea junk and it didn't help a bit. My doc is totally annoyed with him
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    I have been telling people for years he is a sell out and a quack. No one believes me, if they put it on TV it must be true, right??? Ugh!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    More than you'd think, unfortunately. He's an Oprah creation, which gives him instant cred in the eyes of many of her admirers. That doesn't change the fact that (IMO) he's nothing more than a paid shill for diet scams and a snake oil salesman.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Lots who rely on just anecdotal/pseudoscience because they lack actual knowledge of nutrition/weight loss. Heck there are lots on here that rely on other diet plans for short term weight loss too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    More than you'd think, unfortunately. He's an Oprah creation, which gives him instant cred in the eyes of many of her admirers. That doesn't change the fact that (IMO) he's nothing more than a paid shill for diet scams and a snake oil salesman.

Apparently all the ladies in my office do. I forget led me to quip that "You should ignore Dr Oz", and boy did I get the "what-for".
    I eventually said fine you do it his way, I'll continue to do what I do and we'll see who has better results.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder why Oprah thinks he is so fantastic.... how much did they pay her to endorse him??
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    he apparently didn't help Oprah because she's still fat!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Im glad Dr. Oz is on when I'm at work. I think I might have a stroke watching his show.

:laugh: Right!?!?!?
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I will be reading this later when I'm off from work...can't wait!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

When I'm at the gym, I always end up on the elliptical (when I actually do cardio, lol) in front of the TV that's playing Dr. Oz. It always gives me a good laugh.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Yep the same ones that believe margarine is plastic. :laugh:
  • malilini
    Options
    he apparently didn't help Oprah because she's still fat!

This!
    If his cures were so magical, wouldn't Oprah be Tyra-Banks-esque by now?
    I only knew Oz by the ridiculous magazine covers chilling by the cash registers, but a couple of days ago I saw an episode on Oprah's channel (don't judge, my lung feels practically collapsed, trash tv ftw) and literally got angrier by the minute. The *kitten* that man sells is unbelievable. Is he an actual MD? I hope no one would give him licence to treat a human.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I think people love him because he talks about poop. :huh:

:laugh:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Can't stand him.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options